What is the best camara for airsoft?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by zmankiller15, Sep 2, 2012.

1. zmankiller15

zmankiller15 New Member

I have been thinking now for awhile about getting a camera for my airsofting so I can film my self and make some cool videos... But I have been having a problem finding one... I've herd from some people Go Pro Hero 2 is the way to go and from others contour... Please help!!!

2. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

The go pro can do anything and everything, get the go pro.

3. MilsimM16a3

MilsimM16a3 New Member

Chihuahua
    I too have a go pro, but the contour HD is more low profile and in my opinion easier to mount onto say your helmet or your gun. I am not putting down the go pro. But if you want low profile and a slim look go with the contour.

4. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    I have a ContourHD. I like how it has the lasers to allow you to orientate the camera easily. Very easy to mount on to gun and helmet, and it looks nice.

5. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    This really all depends, 1) what is your budget, 2) where do you want to mount it, 3) are you in need of great quality? If you have the cash, go pro hd 2, you can mount it anywhere, it has a fantastic picture so you can upload them on YouTube and actually see what's going on in all light, and they are extremely durable. If you have any questions about this camera just ask.

6. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Any camera will work for airsoft. You could step out with a Canon T3i on your head, or an $18 Vivicam. If you want a sports camera, I suggest the Contour. It has a lower profile, and allows you to keep it close, and not get knocked off as easily.

7. zmankiller15

zmankiller15 New Member

Money really isn't a big deal I just want something that can mount on my gun or helmet and it will be clear with good sound

8. Nelson

Spokane
    Definitely get the go pro then, it's very popular to mount on your gun

9. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    You might want to look at the Tachyon Ops HD. I've had good luck with it. It is about $140. Picture quality is 720p vs. 1080p -- but the camera is tiny. About the length of 2 quarters laid end to end. Width and height are about the size of a quarter. It is rated for real steel as well. You can also get a picatinny rail enclosure that protects the camera from being struck by BBs. Just a thought....

10. Nelson

Spokane
    The only downside to Tachyon, and idk if they still have the problem, is that they do really bad in low light, but the ability to clip it to the bill of a hat is pretty cool

11. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I think that they fixed that problem. I know they now have a "night vision"version of the camera as well. You're right about the earlier versions not doing well in low light though....

12. Nelson

Spokane
    I see, I need to go pick one up then because that was my only beef with them, other than that I really like them.