What is the best sniper to get

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Eg4nat0r, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Eg4nat0r

Eg4nat0r New Member

What is the best sniper to get that's either electric or spring and no more than $120

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I would have to say the UTG shadow ops l96. Very good gun out of the box. But, if you're a beginner you're not going to want a sniper rifle. Try a JG m4.

3. Eg4nat0r

Eg4nat0r New Member

Ok thanks ill take a look.

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    No problem. But like I said before, if you're a beginner, go with an AEG. You will have more fun with it. Plus, a sniper rifle won't compete with an AEG unless upgraded. A lot.

5. maddmatt

maddmatt New Member

corbin
    For those young ones who want to be a sniper, I'd suggest you google " so you want to be an airsoft sniper? ". It's a rare person that can fulfill that role successfully! As a former long distance negotiator in the Army, even I failed miserably in airsoft, not counting how many used snipers u see on various forums. Just some FYI

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Carlos Hathcock.

If you want a BASR, look into either an L96 from UTG and similar brands as mentioned, or JG BAR-10 and similar, then upgrade. It only costs a fortune to upgrade a BASR if you only use top of the line parts. This forum doesn't like BASRs unless they're maxxed out with PDI, EdGi, and Laylax. I don't see why, because more often than not, people don't max out their AEGs with MThaynes GB shells, Siegetek gearsets, Lonex motors, and PDI barrels.

If bolt action is what you want, find a cheap gun based on either the VSR10 or APS2 platform, then find a few upgrades. They don't have to be the best, just better than what's stock. Instead of dropping $200+ on a Laylax zero trigger, $100 on a PDI hopup chamber, another $100+ on a PDI cylinder/piston, and $100+ on a PDI barrel, there are much cheaper alternatives that will improve performance. Look around and do some solo searching for some parts. I know Evike has alot of BASR parts, even though buying parts from Evike sucks.

Other people cannot determine how much fun you can have with one type of replica or another. Don't listen to these people. It's all up to you.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  7. GoldHawk_Airsoft

GoldHawk_Airsoft New Member

I agree with maxahmize. Go with an AEG for a start. But if you would decide to go with a good sniper later on down the road, there is a VSR-10 on airsplat that comes with a scope and bipod. I'll link it for you. Also, an upgrade kit is available for the gun from the same website too. If you are a beginner, I wouldn't upgrade anything unless you gain experience or you know someone or are willing to pay someone to upgrade it for you.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-WELL-MB02-BK.htm

But I would highly recommend getting a new AEG, most likely a JG M4 or a G36 variation. If you have a budget though, you might be able to get a good AEG and the VSR-10.

Hope this helps!

8. Eg4nat0r

Eg4nat0r New Member

I'll check it out. Thanks

9. Eg4nat0r

Eg4nat0r New Member

Thanks! Everything has really helped