What is the highest volt battery i can put into my m4

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by sleclair2, Nov 26, 2012.

1. sleclair2

sleclair2 New Member

Wilmington
  2. hansem

hansem New Member

hongkong

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ^^Uh, not really what he was asking, OP I wouldn't go above a 9.6v battery.

4. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    You can actually have any size of battery you want. But your gun is more likely to break with higher voltage of batteries.

Any battery more powerful than a 9.6v battery, and you will probably want a MOSFET installed. You can make one yourself for pretty cheap.

Make sure your gears are lubed and shimmed well, otherwise... lets just say bad things will happen inside your gun.

If your gun isnt already, I highly suggest wiring to deans. That is another great way to increase rpm.

5. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    I run 1.21 gigawatt batteries in all my guns.

On bonestock guns I don't like to run above a mid power 9.6v nimh or mid to low power 7.4v lipos.

6. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    Let me guess you also have a flux capacitor for a mosfet and your bb's go back to 1954 when they hit 88mph.

Anyways back on topic, yeah I myself don't run anything larger than 9.6v's on a stock replica... I had a very bad experience with an 11.1v Lipo on a stock gun and learned my lesson the hard way.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  7. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    What happened to your gun?

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    a 7.4v 35c 2200 mAH will have a faster ROF on that AEG than a 29.6v 2c 100mAH. 9.6v 1000mAH will be slower than an 8.4v 5000mAH
    Amp requirement needs to be full filled before voltage will become a factor.

9. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan

It was sold as a "Lipo ready" replica. HA!

I shredded gears and piston teeth... Then again I was quite "trigger happy" with it. I loved how it sounded and how the opposing force dove for cover every time I pulled the trigger.

But as I always say: "live and learn". And trust me I learned the hard way. Good thing it was a economic JG and not something more expensive hahahaha...