What is the quality, durabilty, and over all performance of g&p guns?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by magkill, Nov 28, 2012.

1. magkill

magkill New Member

I was looking at one of their full metal m4s with a crane stock it was on redwolf and there was a you tube video on it are they really that good of quality?

2. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well there gears suck,There airseal sucks.Body is a differant story there bodys are great.And some of them come wired to deans I'd say thats a plus.

3. magkill

magkill New Member

Well that's a bomb shell what are the problems with it?

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Deans is definitely a plus. But I haven't heard so much about their gears being bad.

5. magkill

magkill New Member

The air seal is not a problem the last time I took apart a gun the seal was fine until I took it off the cylinder then the seal sucked.

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Wait. You're asking us how a G&P is but then you say that you've taken one apart? I don't get it...

But overall, G&Ps are great guns, they'll have a few things you'll have to fix(what guns don't?), and you'd like it.

7. magkill

magkill New Member

No I've taken my ics apart and it messed up the air seal and it never was the same again and yes all the parts were in the right place no messed up rubber ring.
    And what will I have to fix?

8. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I've heard problems with the piston. I don't have hands on experience with G&P but have heard great things about them all over.

9. magkill

magkill New Member

10. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    The bevel gear only has two notches for the anti reversal latch to latch on too,And there pistons are complete crap,There motors can't even pull an m120,But there bearings are good,And so are there body's.

11. magkill

magkill New Member

This is only a guess but you took out all the internals in a g&p and replaced them.

12. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Did i no,I'm confused.But I'm guessing you asking what if you did that,Well the answer is you'd have a good gun with nice externals.

13. magkill

magkill New Member

No really it's like your anti g&p does any one on this forum agree with him. I'm not trying to be mean but I need an answer from more than 2 people and when there 2 opinions are completely different it's hard to know whose right.

14. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    I'm not anti G&P..I would personally love to have one,They just need a little upgrading.New motor,gears,and piston and there a pretty good gun.

15. magkill

magkill New Member

Well then is it better than ics king arms and g&g my goal is to find a gun with good durability accuracy and no need for upgrades.

16. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well a VFC would be an exellent choice,Aswell as a higher end king arms.

17. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    Well, I just got a G&P. So far, not impressed. The two major things Rocky hit on are the two things that disappointed me the most. The first, are the gears. The shafts of G&P gears are very weak and tend to break. The second is the piston, which I actually like, but, it is worn down a lot more than it should be.

I really really like the externals of the gun. I have no problem with the G&P motor. It's a quick little motor, but I haven't got to test its torque strength on a stronger spring, so I can't input that. Although the gears aren't the best, the previous owner of my gun was also an idiot who beat it up. For a general quality gun, I would definitely suggest picking up a G&P m4. Solid Externals, internals need some tuning, but are overall good. Shoots kind of hot though, around 411 last time I chronoed it using G&G .2g bbs.

18. magkill

magkill New Member

I wanted to get a Vfc but their $350 and my budget is max $270 if its with out rails I want it to be $250 and full metal and no upgrades needed.

19. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
  20. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    *their *their *different *their *bodies

I hate to be the one that corrects you, but please work a little harder.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012