What is this part?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by JShultz1, Dec 28, 2015.

1. JShultz1

JShultz1 New Member

Boulder
    What is the part above the magazine called? It looks like a nipple that holds the bb in front of the gearbox.

2. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

The hopup chamber? .

3. JShultz1

JShultz1 New Member

Boulder
    New to airsoft.. Thanks. The gun "breaks" away at the front and this is the part that sticks up in front of the air nozzle... Has a screw on each side of the nipple. Is this a normal thing? The hop ups I see look like that part is attached.... I.E my hop up has an open area at the bottom that when I close the gun that nipple fits into it.

4. BenTheBarre

BenTheBarre Member

Spokane
    Pictures would help.

5. JCL

JCL Member

Cohasset
    What brand gun do you have? It sounds like you probably have a jg m4 with a 2 piece hop up chamber.

6. JShultz1

JShultz1 New Member

Boulder
    Yep... Its a plastic gun with a two part hop up. Time to order a new body.

7. CaptCookie

CaptCookie Member

Kamiah
    Indeed it is a jg two part hopup. Before going out and buying a new body, you can use a dremel tool to cut out the bit and turn it into a one piece body. It's fairly simple to do. I've attached a couple of pictures so you can see what you'd need to cut out.

Attached Files:

8. JShultz1

JShultz1 New Member

Boulder
    Thanks for the pics! The thing is that the lower receiver is already broken... That's when I noticed that my hop up didn't look like the upgraded ones I have been reading about. I thinking about getting the MadBull body as it also comes with their hopup included for $90.