What is your opinion on this gun help!

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by shadowbrk, Dec 10, 2012.

1. shadowbrk

shadowbrk New Member

2. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

3. Yokomohoyo

Yokomohoyo New Member

San Juan
    A few things you should consider before you buy a replica. Can you maintain it? Can you find parts to upgrade and repair it easily? Can you find magazines for it? And in the case of GBB's, can you afford to get 7-10 mags; seeing that they hold between 30-50 rounds only... If so then then enjoy, if not then it's time to get another gun.

4. ajharl

ajharl Member

Largo
    Go for the aeg combat machine hands down.

5. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    No combat machine...

image-2493012885.jpg

6. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Yes, and a Cyma ak is not even close to as good a CM. While I love AK's, the M4 platform is much more upgrade-able and ergonomic. however, do not buy the gas version, it's crappy and it won't last you half the time an AEG will.

With that said, buy a G&P AEG if you're looking for a go-to gun, If you go to Evike and use a coupon it should only be around 200, which is well worth the extra money for the quality. A $150 Cyma/jg/CM won't last half the time as a $200 G&P

7. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

LOL, the combat machines are actually pretty amazing for someone looking for an M4. CYMA AKs are for someone looking for an AK variant. However, the CM AK might actually (Not positive) be better than some CYMA AKs

8. Smokey36

Smokey36 New Member

Woodstock
    I love G&G for there bodies not there minds :D

Looking at online boneyards I have never seen a G&G in one due to cracked bodies.

9. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor

You guys both do realize that, that CM is the GBBR version? Because I've heard bad things about it http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f8/g-g-m4-gbbr-65478/

10. EuroGirl

EuroGirl New Member

If we are talking about CM vs CYMA lol this is the wrong place to do it in. Also a friend of mine has both a CYMA AK and a combat machine M4 hands down the CM was way better. The AK kinda lacked good performance, and in the games that we played the CM outperformed the CYMA AK. The AK had a plastic body and was arguably crap. Now back on topic. I wouldn't trust any GBBR for that price. If anything I would go with a G&P, KWA, KJW gbbr.

11. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Hes talking about a GBBR. That GBB is not too good from what I hear. It has a polymer body. I recommend a different gun.

12. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Good recommendations. The CM is amazing however, I do not think most CYMA AKs are plastic. It's probably some cheap pot-metal or something like that which seems bad. My friend has a CYMA AK and I have a CM. I gotta say, they are both amazing guns but, I do prefer the CM. KJW or KWA for GBBRs are my picks.

13. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

The gbbr cm is actually rather good , its taken everybody by suprise at how good it is , and if your wondering who 'everybody' is its actually owners of my local site ,
    Airsoft action magazine and airsoft international , only downside is price of magazines and how many you need

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Not a good choice. Some of the comments about the GBB are why.

No. Just no....

JG m4s last longer if you tune them correctly. DBOYS AKs/M4s will as well. A Cyma gearbox won't and you are correct on that matter especially considering they have the weird "hollow" sector gear.

The CMs are just "alright". Their internals are definitely meh. Their receivers are a nice polymer, but the outer barrels are bad. The front sight is molded to the barrel. The inner barrels are aluminum which is too light to help with accuracy. They move and vibrate too much because of the weight. The stock bucking is good as is the chamber.

The gearbox shells are pretty crappy. I cracked one on an m120 spring at room temperature. I haven't done that to a JG or DBOYS gearbox shell yet on m150s. The gears in the CMs are okay and will work with up to an m150, but even that can be pushing it. The stock wiring is meh like most stock guns. The bushings are brass which will wear away quickly, but it's better than the nylon ones IMO. The pistons are crap. The blowback is a waste if it's engaged. It can cause inconsistencies in FPS due to its pneumatic nature. It's just another part to break. The nozzles are crap like any stock gun. The stock fps is fine. I can't remember what the spring guide is made of. The stock shimming is pretty good though.

You are talking about the CM028, which is 40 dollars cheaper than the cheapest CM. definitely not a fair comparison. Grab a CM031 and the comparison changes. The Cyma will win.

GBB wise, a WE if you want to replace everything internally, a KJW if you want to do zero internal work (KWA is under this too), and G&P if you are decent at working out problems.

Refer to my spiel above for why I don't like CMs and why a similarly priced Cyma will perform about the same.

The G&G GBBR is an AEG with a GBB drop in gearbox. It is closed bolt which will be if decent performance. I have no experience with it, though.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  15. r0cker33

r0cker33 New Member

Kent
    G&G AEG CM is a better choice

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    No, it's not. If you have any skill with your hands, you shouldn't get it, and get a gun that can actually be upgraded without replacing everything. Did you not read what I said?