What kind of food for games?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Zak17, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

What kind of food do you pack in your bag for overnight or long duration matches?

I try and bring an MRE or 2, you can pick em up for about 5-6 bucks per MRE, and it's packed full of food.

2. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    I bring raisins, granola bars, chocolate, and various shapes of nerd candy.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    MREs are they way to go. Everything you need for a full day

4. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    I bring bread, salami or any dry meat, cheese, fresh/canned fruit. *(beer/liquor if your of age).
    Don't forget to bring a knife and can opener.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  5. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

Drunken airsoft, sounds fun lmao

6. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Yes it is. Like shooting fish in a berral.

Anyways, I like to take food and drink that has lots of protein and/or electrolytes when I'm playing. And non perishadle foods when at base camp.

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Tons of carbs, and they taste pretty good.
    Many Army Navy stores sell them for $2-$7. Typically $2 for the snack packs and then goes up to about $7 for a full meal. Which when you think about it, isn't that bad.

I like the Ritz cookies w/ peanut butter. I try to avoid trail mix because nuts are easy to choke on.
    sammiches (sandwiches) cut into 4's are awesome, just choose the right filler and keep them simple.

I sometimes pack fruit/gummy snacks to keep my blood sugar up for times when I need quick energy.

High carb and high protein foods are your goal. They'll give you energy needed to get through the day. But don't bother with protein supplements.

8. ThisIsMyBoomstick

ThisIsMyBoomstick New Member

Any suggestions for MREs? I'm allergic to peanut butter, cinnamon, and nuts.

9. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

I would suggest the "sloppy joe" tastes damn good and has a **** ton of protein, pretty much everyone likes it, and it comes with a ton of snacks that if i'm right, have no nuts. (TWSS)

10. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    cheese burger and fries from the on site cafe for me :D

11. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

Lmao, and i assume you have a "field microwave" aswell? Jk. Lol

12. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    MRE's have an absurd amount of calories... So you dont need to eat to be full like you would normal food. Just saying.

13. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Well, if you play with friends, take a break at dinner, start a fire and cook some brigade burgers. SO GOOD. It's basically hamburger meat with potatoes, corn, whatever you want mixed in, and slap some cheese on it and call it a day.

14. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Just bring some sandwiches and water. MREs are fine if your doing a multiday game. But a MRE for a 6-8 hour game day is a lil overkill.

Our group usually buys one of those large premade sandwiches at safeway and split it between us. We usually have lots of water, some gatorade and some chips. Was the perfect amount of food. Never felt hungry or overly stuffed while playing.

15. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Well there is a microwave hidden in one of the villages, we actually have a game were the objective is to capture it LOL jk but that'd be so kewl, winning team gets hot lunch XD

n i'd hate feeling stuffed at a game, burping while hiding in a bush will get you lit up behind enemy lines lol

16. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

This is something i invented, it tastes badass and, you can make it in huge batches,chopped up salisbury steam, mash potatoes, green beans, corn, (carrots and peas optional) all mixed together, i call it FieldMash. You make some to try it out, just make sure to leave credit where credit is due. Zachary Allan Clark ;)

17. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I normally just mix my mashed potatoes with my corn and call it a day but I'll have to try this.

18. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I rarely eat much at the field. My "breakfast" is just a Starbucks stop on the way there in the morning, lunch is usually McDonald's or the like, I save my fries to eat in game, and dinner is whatever my parents or girlfriend (whoever I'm spending the night with) decides to make.

19. Derion

Derion New Member

Moscow
    "Americans can't be a good soldier without Toilet and Burgers"(c) - Old Russian joke. :D:D:D

We use MRE (Whey are much better than Russian military ration) for big games (1-2 days) or just chocolate with tea.

20. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well heck, you could save the fries for the week after's game XD