What m4 to get.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by fowler717, Oct 14, 2012.

1. fowler717

fowler717 New Member

Okay! I have been looking to upgrade to an AEG and I've been told to get an m4 because they are easy to upgrade. I've been looking and their are so many different kinds I don't know what to get. I'm (trying) to stay below $400 but i can go a little higher (with upgrade money). If you guys have any recommendations let me know.

2. Chigger

Chigger New Member

Springfield
    m4

AMS sells a full metal m4 that has a mosfet setup and internal upgrades. Also has a 6.03 TBB installed. It will fit your budget.

Its the AMA (Airsoft Megastore Armory) M4 RIS

3. fowler717

fowler717 New Member

Thanks I'll check it out :D does that mean most of the internals are already upgraded?

4. Chigger

Chigger New Member

Springfield
    For the most part. It tells you in the description. I have one and I love it. It also has a working bolt catch/release, and EBB.

5. fowler717

fowler717 New Member

6. fowler717

fowler717 New Member

7. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    No i would not get any of those guns. They use cheap upgrades and charge a lot more. You can do it yourself for a better price. I recommend you start out with maybe an ICS and overhaul the internals.

8. fowler717

fowler717 New Member

But the problem is I don't know how to do any of that or what to get and I don't have store that's close to me for them to do it.

9. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I thought you were looking to upgrade an aeg not buy an upgraded one. You will never learn how to do it unless you try.

10. Chigger

Chigger New Member

Springfield
    In actuality, I am an airsmith and airsoft supplier, and the guns from AMA are not bad. As I posted earlier in this thread, I have one myself and I have not only had no problems with it, but the action of the gun and quality is great. I cuold see some negativity if it was costing $300-$500, but for under $200, its a great option. I built my own M4 by starting with a boneyard purchase and completely replaced all the internals with upgraded parts and now have a gun that shoots 436 FPS with a 120 spring. I have put approx $300 into it. For me it is worth the money because I do this for income and pleasure, but for the beginners, I would have to say.....if you want an upgraded gun, buy one, then find a less expensive one to learn on so you can still participate in games without having your only gun in pieces or not working correctly.

11. fowler717

fowler717 New Member

Thanks! I guess I could try that!

12. fowler717

fowler717 New Member

Okay! Screw the upgrades what's an AWSOME m4/m16 that I could get for under 400?

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    A SOCOM Gear M4 model (DONT GET THEIR PWS ONES. THEY ARE BAD). Any of the SG Noveske or Daniel Defense models are great. They're OEM'd by VFC.

14. fowler717

fowler717 New Member

Do you have an URL for one of them? I can't seem to find any of them.

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Search SOCOM gear on Airsoftgi.com.

16. IainS

IainS New Member

Bay Area
    Look into a G&P, they will cost you about $250 but the externals are amazing and the gearbox is pretty good also.

17. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    SOCOM gear beats the hell out of G&P. Seriously....

18. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Well who would want to buy from such a violent company:p

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I would if they beat them in an awesome fashion and looked badass while doing so.