what motor and gear set for reliability?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by willer2122, Aug 5, 2012.

1. willer2122

willer2122 Member

Pittsburgh
    I am thinking of putting some upgrades in my f2000. I've been looking around and i'm thinking of putting some high-torque motor + high speed gears for good trigger response and good rof. I'm planning to use either an m120 or 125 spring for around 400 fps (which can be adjusted on the fly if too hot) which is why i want that motor. I am going for reliability here so i am thinking a medium-high discharge 7.4 lipo. Anything i should change? What other parts should i reinforce? This will probably be done when i learn to shim.

2. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    Is it a JLS or G&G FN 2000?

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I think it's the G&G, you can adjust the FPS on it by screwing or unscrewing a screw in the back.
    And since he said he can "adjust it on the fly" it leads me to think its the G&G.

4. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Yeah I'm thinking that to, but I thought id ask

5. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    13:1 gears and JG Blue motor works great for me.

6. willer2122

willer2122 Member

Pittsburgh
    Yeah its a G&G. (20 characters)

7. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Okay, I haven't messed with a G&G yet, so I'm not much help. I'll be getting one eventually though.

8. willer2122

willer2122 Member

Pittsburgh
    I was thinking 16:1 gears and torque motor. But is there anything else i should reinforce/swap out to keep it going strong?

So far my list is:
    Change and shim gears
    Make money
    Change motor
    M120 spring

9. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

An SHS or Lonex piston perhaps? If you have the budget for it, Siegetek gears, if your budget is more limited, SHS, JG or Lonex gears. I will definitely recommend a Lonex motor, really good motors, get one of their neo motors, either one will easily pull an M120 spring through 16:1 gears. I have the Lonex A2 myself, and I love it. Not very fast, but it has beastly torque, and is very efficient.