What part of the gearbox is this?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by AznMunkay, Aug 24, 2012.

1. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    So today was my first time opening my gearbox so I can regrease my gearbox, then out of my recklessness this thing came out of the trigger assembly. I don't know what it is and I don't know how to put it back.
    P.S. My gearbox was a V3 AK47 CM028S gearbox.

Attached Files:

2. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    its part of the trigger assembly. namely the contacts. atleast one half of them. this half is connected to the trigger's action, slides forward and completes the electrical circuit causing your gun t fire.

that hook on the bottom is where a small spring attaches, this spring looks similar to the tappet spring, fyi.

3. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    Thank you so much! I had thoughts that I broke my gearbox for opening one for the first time!

4. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    no no, it all goes in there. just dont detach the trigger itself. that has a rep for being a big time PITA.

5. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    There seems to be no videos on how to reassemble a version 3 trigger assembly, I'm totally clueless right now.

6. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
  7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Try looking at a version 3 trigger assembly, then building yours from what you can see in a picture. You can find pictures on evike in their wire/electric section I believe.

sniped

8. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Yea the first time I took apart a version 3 gearbox the trigger assembly totally exploded in my face. It took me hours to finally get it back together. Once you do get it though its easy to put back together. You dont normally need to mess with the trigger assembly unless you are cleaning the trigger contacts. I just leave the trigger alone and hope it doesnt pop out and that the little spring that connect with the piece of the trigger that you posted.

9. soviet

soviet New Member

I always suck at triggers. Lol. It takes me hours even if I've done it before.