What Should I do? No Close Fields to me.

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Hexed_Knight, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Hexed_Knight

Hexed_Knight New Member

Warren
    Hello everybody I live in mid-northern Indiana and I am really wanting to get into airsoft a lot and the closest Airsoft field is in a city called Fort Wayne and is about 1 1/2 hours away, that's the closest one I found and it looks like a good field so i called and they said about this time the average amount of players that show up is 4-5 on saturdays (they're only open sat. and sund.) Is that a decent amount, average amount, or barely any? I really want to get into this sport and have been for a while and It will kind of suck if there are no fields around me :/. Thanks for any feed back

2. brick

brick Member

Torrance
    That's a pretty low turnout, considering that you'll easily see 50+ people on weekdays here in LA.. However, considering that it's only a handful of people, it's much more personal, and people often are really helpful to newer players. If you want it, then you should definitely check it out. Maybe make some new friends while you're at it. You'll get valuable insight into the sport and future purchases, as well as other larger local events and the like. Once you get more comfortable with airsoft, and buy yourself better gear, you might consider going to a Milsim.

It also wouldn't hurt to look at Indiana's page on the forums to see what kind of fields you got relatively close by. Expect an hour to a three hour drive, since fields can't be close to inner cities for obvious reasons. Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

3. Hexed_Knight

Hexed_Knight New Member

Warren
    Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate the feedback and i will most likely take your advice, do you think that the main reason low amounts of people are showing up is because its cold, because it does seem to get pretty cold up here about this time so do you think that more people will show up in spring/summer?

ALSO should i buy a reliable but cheap AEG to start?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  4. papasmurf08886

papasmurf08886 Member

San Jose
  5. Joseph_Rodriguez

Joseph_Rodriguez New Member

Yes, a good quality AEG to start your game and it's better to have a semi-automatic type AEG. You can easily find a good quality gun at an affordable price online, I recommend AirsoftAtlanta for best airsoft weapons and accessories.