What should I do when everyone in my neighborhood hates me?

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by NOMAD666, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOMAD666

NOMAD666 New Member

bikini bottom
    I live in Arizona. Our family lives in a nice house. The neighborhood does not have many kids here. I have lived here for 3 years and no neihbors like me at all. I dont know what to do. Everyone thinks im a little punk. I dont know why they do. I have been called the cops on many times. We know eachother pretty well now. One person called the cops on me for skateboarding on the sidewalk. They said there saftey was at risk. I dont understand. Yes I have gotten in fights but, for legit reasons. They blame me for anything bad that goes on also. If there is graffiti I always get blamed for it. I dont know what im doing wrong. What should I do to straighen things out so I can feel more accepted in my neighborhood?

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Chandler area?
    So is it just the local adults? Or are they just displaying teenage bias?

3. NOMAD666

NOMAD666 New Member

bikini bottom
    Queen creek so right next to Chandler. Maybe its just teenage bias. However I did not think it was this bad. I have gotten fined and grounded for stuff I did not even do.

4. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

I can say that there is never a good reason to get in a fight. But maybe you should talk to some. Explain the problem and how you haven't done the stuff and you don't like getting in trouble for it. But if you did do some of the stuff and you tell other people you didn't do it or you tell yourself something wasn't you fault but it was then you won't even believe yourself. Which makes it very difficult for other people to believe you

5. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    Wish I could tell you what to do but I'm no help here. I was in the same vote your in, but when the neighbor complained about me and what I'm doing, I would then give em a reason to complain.(hum its race day tomarow and I need to brake in the motor I just rebuilt, but its midnight, all well its got to be done. While laughing a little bit, I would carelessly start the motor and run it untell about 2 o clock in the morning) but the neighbor had it coming. Called the cops because I was fixing the ditch in my yard to stop it from flooding.......wow I was evil back then lol

6. xc0n

xc0n New Member

If you know who is calling the cops you could confront them and talk to them. Btw you have to remain completely open minded and calm when doing this. If you end up in a yelling match its not going to fix anything. If you calmly discuss what the issue is or something and explain yourself to them you will be making yourself human to them. What this means is they will stop seeing you as a kid/teen/punk etc and see you as "NOMAD666" (I used this in place of your real name cause I don't know it). Basically you will be creating familiarity with these people and it may take time but they can come around. Other little things you can do is maybe go out of your way to help some people in your neighborhood.
    Opinion can be a tricky thing to change but once people have developed one they aren't just going to one day decide to change it. Unfortunately that little bit is left up to you.

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Detroit
    Been there. That's one of the reasons I got into airsoft. I had acreage at my parents house so my brother and I would play.

In a 2 mile radius there was 3 kids my age, I liked one of them but their parents did not like me.

8. CQB

CQB New Member

This will work. Next time there is a neighborhood event or you have a long amount of time to talk to a neighbor talk to them. Show them your not bad and agree with what they are saying. They will change their mind after talking to you.

9. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Start volunteering for neighborhood clean-ups, get involved with any community outreach programs, start volunteering to help neighbors with their various projects (yard work, Christmas decorations, driveway cleaning, etc...) or volunteer to help paint over the graffiti, etc...

Hopefully, once they get to know the good side of you (I'm assuming there is a good side, since you are reaching out for help with this...), they won't just assume you're a neighborhood trouble maker.

10. whatareyoubuyen

whatareyoubuyen New Member

Los Angeles
    how old are you? almost an adult? Because it seems like you just have a case of old adults who have nothing better to do than be bias towards the local teenagers.

I have a similar thing in my neighborhood. Only I"m not the only teenager who is being "attacked" by these adults my neighbor is and the person who lives across from me too,

(we don't get fined or anything but if we are out playing in the street or filming a school project the OLD LADY neighbors will come out and start screaming at us about random stuff, not to go in their yard, not to film their cars or addresses, go home and film inside blah blah blah...)

what does my neighbor do about it? She throws huge *** parties every other weekend. What does my othe rneighbod do about it? well idk

What do I do about it? haha well I exercise my freedom of speech and my innocence. Flip em off whenever I see them, yeah guess it really doesn't solve things, but then you think? I'm young, this is fun to me now, and what could I possibly gain from being on good terms with this old lady? Probably nothing.

I feel like a red neck whenever I piss in their yard or do random thing out of impulse. But I realized I'm only going to be able to do this stuff while I'm still young.

And anyways whats the point of skating in your neighborhood? ahhaha Make friends in other neighborhoods and just get away from there during the day :p

11. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    If anybody was interested in the worst possible approach to solving this problem, whatareyoubuyen just posted it.

12. supportgunner

supportgunner New Member

In my opinion you deserve everything that those neighbors dish out to you and then some. An keep this in the back of your mind....the things you do as a kid could come back to haunt you when you get older!!!

Cause they could press trust passing charges against you if they really felt like pushing the issue.

Personally as a adult this is why I HATE children cause they think just cause they are young they can get away with anything.

13. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Well that's not very nice. Sure he deserves it but kids like my friends and I would never do that stuff. But I do know who those people are in my neighborhood and I do think they deserve to be hated. I mean I don't like them and I'm their age so no adult should like them. But I hate how adults cant trust me just because I'm a teen.

Now I have a story and it's very long...
    So I dont know if anybody know what spooking is but it is (around Halloween) where you make a bag of candy for a family friend and write a letter on it saying you have been spooked please copy this letter and make bags for 3 more families. Then you go and ring there doorbell and hide then watch them open the bag of candy and they get happy. Then usually the next day they figure out it was you and its really fun.

But one of my little sisters friends gets peaked so much that one time my sister and I did it to them but they didn't answer the door. So when I went up again they had been waiting for me because they though I was a kid prancing them. But once the mom saw me she stared laughing and told me to go before the kids find out it was my little sister who gave them the candy.

14. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    freedom of speech flipping somebody off? innocent? you have just proven to the world that you are an A#1 card carrying punk

15. whatareyoubuyen

whatareyoubuyen New Member

Los Angeles
    the only reason I felt like I had grounds to brag about my freedom and what not was because I was once attacked for flipping someone off because they were yelling at me because we were filming a school project and we moved the cones on the street out of the way so we could film a scene.

There wasn't really construction at the moment, those cones were marking a square are which was already marked with chalk and we were going to put it back afterwards anyways the neighbor who walked out was like 40's - 50s I think, and he was really pissed, he yelled at my friends and me and cussed at use he was all like "You put those damn cones back and get in side your F***ing house and film inside now!!"
    (I mentioned this story last time)

and then I told him we would clean everything up when we're finished, he threatened to call the cops on us and I flipped him off and HIM instead of acting like an adult and calling the cops like he said he would, he went out of his gated property and tried to take our camera first but we grabbed it and then he grabbed my by my shirt.

I won't ever forget any details because even though you called my a "punk", this was probably one of the scariest moments of my life. He didn't physically harm me, only tore my shirt a little and then he started pulling me towards his yard and he told me I was supposed to sit in his yard until the cops came (which he still didn't cal yet) and I told him off, broke free, ran home and from there me being the 16 old I was, told my parents a very exaggerated story about it, who at first didn't want to do anything about it.

It ended up being my friends parents who actually took matters to the police cause my friend told his parents about it too.

yeah, it ended up being a huge deal, the neighbor was wrong in every way, too bad there wasn't any money involved in it. (except he had to pay for our end of the whatever its called when its just a sitting between to legal people or whatever) but if that dude lays a finger on me or my friends again it definitely won't be a simple warning.

(of course I got in a lot of trouble when my parents found out I flipped him off - which I conveniently left out of my version of the story)

Why am I saying this story anyways? Maybe its because when people are wrong and when adults try to be the authority in a place they shouldn't be? Dragging a kid on their property and telling them they have to wait for the cops to come. That's really not something an adult should do.

Their the ones who need to set the example.

And I would love to provoke that man so much that he would come out and even try to harm me in any way. I would love for my parents to hear stories about how the mean neighbor tried to beat me up when I didn't do anything wrong and I would love to take his money and I would love to spend it on something very expensive the same day and I would love to smash it in front of him.

Call me stupid? sure I'm guilty, but call me wrong? Now this is real life! Not some Disney movie where the righteous good guy always wins in the end

16. BigMeech69

BigMeech69 New Member

I got mad at my neighbor when I was 10 one time too. I shot at him with my best lunchtable spitball gun, called him a meanie, and farted toward him. Then I told my mom, who called the SWAT team on him and they kicked down his door and arrested him for 69 felony counts of being a melonhead.

It's a gangster *** world we live in!

true_story.jpeg

17. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    get a hair cut and dress nice. people will treat you differently. if you really want to be on their good side, wear a suit and see/greet them at church. if they are @ssholes, then ignore them. stay legal and they can't do anything. if your parents don't trust you, then you haven't done anything to gain their trust. work on that bro. your parents are the best defense against crappy neighbors.

if my neighbor complaints about my kids skateboarding on the sidewalk, i'll have a chat with that neighbor. if they accuse my kids of doing things illegal or inappropriate, i'll be the first to defend my kids. kids should not feel that they are alone when dealing with society. they need a support system for guidance. that's what parents are for. if your parents suck. then it sucks to be you (sux 2 B U) <--- i get mod warnings every time i post that.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  18. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    If you were my kid, I'd have let the neighbor smack you around a little before I intervened. You showed a lot of disrespect for your community in general and that guy in particular. Yes, he was also wrong for laying hands on you. But your neighborhood isn't yours to do with what you wish. Trespassing, pissing on your neighbor's lawn, messing with construction equipment, giving your neighbors the finger; you know all of this stuff is wrong but you do it anyway. Haven't you put together that the reason they dislike you isn't because they dislike teens, but because you're actually causing problems for them and the community? You're not entitled to use their space. You're not entitled to move construction cones. You're not entitled to treat your neighborhood like your personal playground.

Most adults don't hate kids. In fact, 99% of them love interacting with nice, respectful kids. They get a kick out of it. But when you act like an idiot (you do), they're going to treat you like an idiot (you are). When you act like a menace, they're going to treat you like a menace. Being young isn't justification, it's an excuse. It's something you hide behind because you either don't want or don't know how to treat others like they're human beings. It probably won't be any time soon, but one day you are going to look back on the crap you pulled and realize that your neighbors were right. It'll probably happen while you're telling some punk teenager to get off your lawn.

19. BigMeech69

BigMeech69 New Member

Deliver a flaming bag of your smelliest feces. Play hardball. Or airsoft.

20. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    provoking a fight... one day, karma will kill you. never provoke a fight you know you can't win. since you are still young, you can't understand what makes people like that old man hate on kids. there is a always a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.