what should i do with a cybergun FAMAS

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by pineapple, Aug 20, 2012.

1. pineapple

pineapple New Member

It only works sometimes i have no idea whats wrong with it or what to do with it

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Wait! You need help fixing it? In that case it would really help others help you if you listed what you think is wrong with it.

3. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

What is wrong with it? Is the battery charged?

4. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Hey can one of the moderators close one of this guy's threads? He has two of the same thread.

edit: one of the mods closed one of his threads while I typed my earlier message.

Also what is the gun doing? Is it not shooting? Is the gun screeching whenever you pull the trigger? Or is it just vibrating a little and then stopping? Are the bbs just falling out of the barrel when you shoot it? Tell us what the gun is doing when you pull the trigger.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  5. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Pineapple you seem to be confused but we can't help you if we don't know the problem. Is the gun shooting but no bb goes out? It only shoots some times then freezes up? Is the gun making noise? We need all that info before we an begin to help

6. pineapple

pineapple New Member

When I pull the trigger it makes a subtle thud where the gearbox is, sometimes it randomly starts working.

7. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Try adjusting motor height. The bottom on the pistol grip should have either a flat head screw or a place for an Allen key. Just turn that either way until it shoots. If it screeches turn the other way. If it locks more. The other way just go to the middle. Should work

8. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Thats what I was gonna say. Well since its a Famas it will probably have a version 1 gearbox so I dont know how to get to the motor height adjustment on those. I only know v2, and v3 gearboxes

9. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Yeah I thought about that it I'm sure you can google it

10. pineapple

pineapple New Member

That's not where the motor is I checked and I can't find anything on the gun, it's wierd

11. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Yea it is a version 1 gearbox so the motor wont be in the grip by the trigger. You will most likely have to disassemble the famas and get the gearbox out to adujst the motor height.

Here is a page about the v1 gearbox- it has some pictures as well-
    http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Version-1-Gearbox-Walkthr-t128610.html

EDIT: and here is a video on the cybergun FAMAS gearbox-
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXBQ-S8w0k&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXBQ-S8w0k&feature=related[/ame]

I would say that you look up a video on the cybergun famas disassembly to take out the gearbox.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  12. pineapple

pineapple New Member

Thank you this is helpful