What should I wear?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by FortSandy, Sep 23, 2012.

1. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

So, me and my friends were wanting a easier way to distinguish each other at the field. We also, are looking at starting a "team" for an upcoming tournament. We are in East NC , so we were thinking a brown shemagh, and Olive pants. We didn't want camoflague, because everyone wears any camo you could think of. (That's readily available). Suggestions?

2. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Buy the same camo, the same gear, all the same color. Really looks good, and keeps you somewhat distinguished.

3. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Same gear ? And what camo do you suggest?

4. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Same gear, as in the same vest, same belt rig, same holsters. Multicam is my suggestion.

5. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

When people wear multi cam at my field , they are made fun of. So I don't know .

6. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    Why are they made fun of, because they are using an effective camo? Seriously, that makes no sense. People at your field are probably just jealous.

7. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

They have systema's why would they be jealous ? And what are thoughts on m81?

8. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Could you possibly upload pictures of your AO?

9. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

10. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    No, the problem is that no one has heard of them. And its a Wasatch replica, which means its very hard to balance and make it sit correctly. You will have immense difficulty getting it to work. I suggest a Flyye EPC from ShooterCBGear.com

11. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    I would get the marine acu not many pepole use it but it works very efectivley

12. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Problem is I'm short . Mabye 5'0.

13. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Please go fact-check whether or not something exists and then come back and make your reply, just as a favor to those who may not be as knowledeable at deciphering nonsense.

ACU stands for Army Combat Uniform. It is normally associated with the UCP but it also has been used with OCP.

14. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    +1
    And the Marines wear MARPAT which looks nothing like ACU.

15. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

No one at the field wears UCP. But we are in the forest have the time , CQB the other.

16. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    There's a good reason for that, it's not a vary effective pattern. I would not suggest wearing ACU or UCP.

17. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    You don't all need to have the same gear, and in fact, I would advise against it for two reasons. First, different players have different needs based on their own unique play style and role. I wouldn't want to be saddled with gear that didn't work well for me just because my teammates liked the vest. Secondly, everybody on your team should have the freedom to spend their money on what they want. If you start dictating what gear they can and can't buy, you're all going to end up pissed off at each other.

What you should do, however, is match gear color. If everybody is sporting khaki over M81, for instance, you'll have a very unified look without drastically limiting what the guys on your team can use.

18. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Thanks for correcting me Knief.

19. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  20. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    We Michiganders found out at Op: Northern Light that M81 pants with OD combat shirts and Khaki or CB gear look pretty slick. It'll be more unique than straight M81 and still work well in a woodland environment.