What spring?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Brandon-1, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Brandon-1

Brandon-1 New Member

Los angeles
    I have an m16 with aluminum cylinder head, piston head and has very good compression and a 6.03 tight bore. I'm not satisfied with my fps and range, what spring would get me around 400-450 fps and my motor is eg1000 and want at least 17 rps, so Maybe a new motor too?

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    M130 will put you in that range. If you have an aluminum piston head and this isn't a DMR build, I suggest getting a POM piston head to help save your gearbox shell and prevent cracking. If you want more range, do hop up mods and perfect compression, the way the BBs are seated, the bucking to barrel contact point, etc. Flat hop the bucking (Lonex buckings are my favorite) and make a custom nub out of pink eraser. Stablize the barrel using teflon tape and/or silicone grease. Clean the inside the barrel as well. Shim the hop up arm. I think you get the jist of where the problem is if you're not getting the range you want. FPS isn't always the problem.

If you want a good motor, Lonex is great. A lonex torque (Orange) or a lonex balanced (red) will both work. Is your gun shimmed, AOE corrected, and regreased?

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lonex motors are great, but not easy to come by, they are sold out in a heartbeat. An alternative is the Element Ultra Torque, it has comparable performance to the Lonex A2. It's not quite as high quality, but will still be plenty good enough for your build. It should do right under 20rps pulling an M120 on standard ratio gears with a good 7,4v li-po. Yes, use a li-po, ni-mh is obsolete.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    While we're at listing some budget motors, I'll lost a few I've had good experiences with: Matrix 3000, Element high torque, JG Blue, AMP high torque, and SHS high torque.

I believe hivemindairsoft has the Lonex motors in stock still, but I'm not quite sure. The last I checked they did.

5. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Might as well throw in JG Red to the list.
    A bit less torque but still has lots of it and it's a bit faster.

6. Brandon-1

Brandon-1 New Member

Los angeles
    Ok so I ended up getting a mad bull m120 and a lined a1 motor