Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to start a tea down here in the lovely state of Arkansas (a harder feat than it might appear), and I was wondering what tac gear type and colors match well with M81 Woodland print? My current setup is a lot of black!

Chaos

· Registered
83 Posts
Take a look at photos of some MARSOC guys! M81 has been their most commonly used base pattern for a long time, and a lot of those guys have started switching from Khaki PC's to MC (probably due to availability to some degree) and I think it looks sick. If I were you, I'd run some Ranger Green, Khaki, MC, Olive Drab, maybe some Coyote Brown... Personal preference, I just don't love OD or CB. Also, M81 bottoms with a Mas grey jacket on top..? Mmmm, big fan. My mentality for maximum tactical fashion/drip:
  1. Pick a primary color/pattern, make 2/3 of the kit that color/pattern. Your uniform/combat set is this color.
  2. Pick a secondary complimentary pattern, make 1/3 of the kit that color/pattern.
  3. Swap a few small items (pouch for example) for a 3rd color/pattern that is moderately similar, but still different (if you're running AOR1 w/ MC, don't throw in a random black pouch). This gives it a sense of "oh, he's not tooo concerned about appearance, see those few off-pattern pouches?"
Those are in no way hard fast rules, and I completely made up those ratios, but that's usually how I go about kits. Then again, my drip is always based pretty closely off of different SF which can be a distinct style choice in and of itself.

BTW, the last point, that actually kind of happened this weekend. A guy came up to me and called me out on having a random AOR1 LBT IFAK on my belt. Then he noticed I had a few AOR1 pouches strewn about elsewhere and apologized for some reason..? It was an odd experience, made even weirder by the fact that he was wearing furry ears on his helmet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts