Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I bought a $100 hi capa (Golden Eagle 3301 hi capa 4.3) It was extremely inaccurate so recently I have upgraded it with a Maple Leaf hop-up chamber, 50º Autobot, and a Maple Leaf 6.02 inner barrel. It can now hop 0.25g with about 10% hop and it is much more accurate at short distances. The problem is that it has still quite inconsistent fps, making it useless beyond 25 meters. What upgrades should I buy next?

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
That depends on you average operating temperature.

However, you should know you did not start with a consistent platform. So more inconsistencies will arise.

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Have you tried PFTE tape around the bucking/packing? This can improve the seal and possibly lead to more stable FPS.

Also, what are your expectations on range? That 4.3 only has a ~97mm inner barrel.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
The ML barrel and packing/rubber/bucking doesn't need the PTFE tape mod...they are very tight fitting.

Being that this is a GE product...I suspect the magazine mechanics and packing to nozzle interface to be the issue at hand.

I would get a high quality spare magazine and see if consistency improves then proceed from there...

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. The hop-up chamber of the ge3301 is very bad. The adjustment wheel was very loose, and its screws rounded off the first time I tried to take it apart it is made of very soft metal, and one corner of it broke off, that's, why I swapped it by the ML hop-up chamber, which is 1000 times better. I hope I can make it shoop up to 30-35 meters. This morning I test-fired it and the temperature was about 5ºC, which could explain its inconsistency. What magazine/nozzle do you recommend to me?

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
5C is a major issue. Too cold for a GBB Pistol without a low pressure valve.

Unless you have a better gas and by better I mean a "pure" gas and not a GBB branded gas that is sold with oil in it.

What Gas are you using?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5C is a major issue. Too cold for a GBB Pistol without a low pressure valve.

Unless you have a better gas and by better I mean a "pure" gas and not a GBB branded gas that is sold with oil in it.

What Gas are you using?
I'm using superpower green gas. Now that I think about it, it could be the source of the fps inconsistency.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Number

This stuff? If yes...don't buy this gas. You do NOT want silicone oil in the gas. And yes...it is giving you a whole new experience...inconsistency...poor range...poor accuracy...

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
And what is it listing as the key material in the can?

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Then what is inside is arbitrary...it can be anything...not a good gas.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Depending on temperature where you shoot. Its actually a fairly complex system to maintain the right operating PSI with your GBB.

The industry makes it too simplistic unfortunately...

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, that is one of the big downsides of using green gas... Here, in Madrid, you can get between 0 and 40 ºC, and that doesn't help. Might as well spend my lives savings on HPA, which is more realible.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
But unrealistic, impractical Aand not flexible. Run stronger gas for 15c or less. Run propane for 15 to 30....gas that don't list contents is worthless

Propane and propene is all you need.

And add a lp valve if you just want consistency.

· Registered
325 Posts
Where is the "green gas" coming from? Is it shipped from overseas? Are the bottling it in America? Why does no one sell unscented cans of propane for $3-$5 and label it in airsoft marketing? You could sell the crap out of that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts