What weight BB's to use with a G&P???

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by gitaryzt1985, Dec 19, 2012.

1. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    I ordered a G&P M4 from Evike last week and am still waiting for it to arrive. I have a pack of 10,000 Black Ops High Quality .20g biodegradable BB's at the house. These are polished and supposedly decent BB's.

Will these BB's be ok to use with the G&P? My brother-in-law's KWA says in the manual to only use .23g BB's. I just don't want to screw up my gun.

2. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    The weight itself has nothing to do with screwing up guns, I don't know how good Walmart brand bb's are but I am assuming not good enough for a high quality replica. For a G&P .23 or.25's should work great with the hopup, but make sure to get a quality brand.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    the weight of the bbs effects how the round moves. You will loose range but gain accuracy as the weight increases. .25g are the common go to bb for airsoft because they give just enough weight to increase the accuracy while at teh same time, not horribly decreasing the range. I run .25 BIO Hailstorm Airsoft in all of my guns (.30 in my LM4) and hit out at 150' with high accuracy
    The quality of the BB is what will really hurt your gun. Using a .43 in your factory G&G will hurt it because the weight is too much for that gun factory. but the quality is the biggest problem. Using low quaity bbs like walmart or Dicks brand is not a good idea. They tend to break and shatter and destroy buckings and barrels... they leave residue and overall just are not a good choice. Pay a couple dollars more for high grade names like Hailstorm, King Arms, Elite Force, KSC Perfects or whatever you find you like.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

I suggest Airsoft Elite 0.25g BBs from my personal experience. I've also had luck with KWA BBs as well as TSD BBs. Goldenball BBs are pretty good for the price too.

Oh, and congratulations on getting a G&P! :)

5. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Thanks guys! Just bought 5K .25 BIO Hailstorms per ProtectionPerfection's post. $17.85 with free shipping was the best price including shipping I saw. Thanks guys!

6. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Nice review. The guys at Hailstorm said I'd have them before Christmas so that was great news. We've got all our equipment ready to go and are having our first skirmish on Christmas day.