what would be the best low cost DMR/Sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by jroewe25, Aug 22, 2012.

1. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

im looking to make nice dmr my price range is 300

2. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

I've some some completely upgraded bolt actions selling for that much or less used, so I can at least tell you it's possible.

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    A difference between upgraded and completely upgraded is that a completely upgraded gun will rarely cost you 300.

4. FSTK

FSTK Member

I agree^

If your budget is $300 you need to prioritize what's most important

>Accuracy
    >Range
    >FPS

. Most fellow DMR'ers choose "Accuracy" first and then move on from there with buying a TBB, some bucking and even a new hop-up if needed which will fit the bill.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    JG m16 can be DMR'd for around that price range. there are two options, but i need to search my previous posts so i can cut n paste em... kinda busy at the moment comparing health insurance companies.

6. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

well what about the jg aug with a longer barrel and hop up and shimmed gearbos then a piston and optic

7. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    That's what I'm doing to my JG AUG except for the (unnecessary) longer barrel. and I do not call it a DMR.

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    this is about DMR builds. if you plan on 300 feet shots, you will need heavier bbs (.40g +). heavier bbs will reach their top acceleration in longer barrels (already tested this).

9. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    From what I know about DMRs, it isn't as simple as slapping in a few mods for accuracy and range, and calling it a day. It is usually a long build process, one that involves superb attention to detail, and usually a budget that is a little higher than $300, gun included.

That being said, if you're planning on upgrading a gun, might as well get a jg. They're cheap, TM compatible and you won't need to replace the gears. Alex's suggestion of a jg m16 is pretty much spot on. The AUG would be a good choice as well. JG makes a fairly nice AUG, and the externals aren't half bad either.

EDIT: accidentally pressed send before I was finished.

If I were you, I'd grab the m16 because there is a wealth of parts available vs the AUG. Also, the Bullpup configuration and 2 stage trigger take some getting used to, if you haven't used them before.

Upgrade your hop up first, then I would read Tacketts guide to getting 100% airseal. Good compression and a well tuned hop up will always get you further than a longer barrel or a tightbore. Then I'd get into the gearbox from there, and probably replace the piston and the nozzle, at least if you get a jg.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  10. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    As far as the base goes, JG will be pretty cheap. But you can get a higher quality externals from a used gun for around the same price. For example I am selling a used CA M16 Proline w/ mosfet for $150 that would be a perfect DMR base.

11. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Sorry, I should have worded that differently.

Yes, I had a discussion with KmKraft about this exact topic two days ago.

I was implying that a longer barrel was unnecessary since you need more force to push a BB the longer the barrel is. Force that he would not have without upgrading his cylinder and/or spring. Especially if he's gonna use heavier BBs.

In my JG AUG I had to change the cylinder when I got it 'cause it came with an Type 4 cylinder.

Edit: Added quote.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  12. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

ok so i get a jg m16 with or without rails u think

13. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague