What's everyone thoughts on shoes/boots???

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by gitaryzt1985, Dec 12, 2012.

1. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    hey guys, I'm a newbie at airsoft and am looking to play for the first time some time during late December/January time frame. We are getting a group of guys together for some fun.

My question is on shoes. Since we are just a bunch of guys hacking around (nothing serious yet) then would tennis shoes be a problem? I know a couple guys that already have boots, but I simply don't have it in the budget yet for boots. Are tennis shoes ok for a skirmish?

2. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    It's risky you could twist your ankle or loose a shoe in mud. Get briers cutting into your ankles etc a cheap pair of boots would be better then nothing.

3. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Thanks...that enough info to make me at least look for some...any thoughts on what would be comfortable and inexpensive?

4. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Check Walmart I know they won't be the best on the market. But if your looking for cheap that's the way to go. It'll run you 20-40$ for a cheap pair.

Try to get tight boots that go at least a quarter or so up your leg. That will help avoid twisted/rolled ankles.

5. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Thanks...all boots will be tight on my since I'm a little overweight...I'm hoping airsoft can help me shed a few pounds while I'm at it lol.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Not only should you wear boots, but you NEED to get decent pair of boot socks otherwise you will still get blisters. Merino Wool socks are the best IMO (that's the fabric, not a brand).

7. bakedant

bakedant New Member

Miami
    rothco jungle bootss

8. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    I have worn sneakers my entire airsofting career and am happy to say that not even once have I injured myself because of it. The breath infinitely better than boots do, keeping my feet dry. They are light weight, not wearing me out as fast as boots. The lack of ankle support is a risk, but it also allows me more mobility. If you watch your step, you will be just fine. Know how to fall, and know how to protect yourself. Remember that you can still twist an ankle in a pair of boots.

9. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    Since you are just "hacking" around you could be fine with sneakers. However a trip to your army surplus store could net you a pair of boots for cheap. I got mine at my local surplus store, $25.
    I use them for airsoft,my PT job mowing customers lawns, when I am at work at my reg job, shoveling snow when we get any. As you can see I use them for stuff other than airsoft. So I would highly recommend you get some.

10. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

If you are into hiking a good pair of hiking boots can dual purpose, some Merrell moabs are great. About 110$ maybe cheaper online. You can ventilated or the waterproof ones.

11. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Check out magnums online store, they got some deals on some good boots, got mine for $60.

12. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    In my personal opinion boots are required. You don't want to be tactically retreating from a hot zone and roll your ankle.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    How does one "tactically retreat"?

image-721613076.jpg

14. Travis896

Travis896 New Member

Hager City
    I really like Bates Marine combat boots. I don't have them though i have Marine jungle boots. The jungle boots aren't as comfortable (coming from my brother who is a Marine) but they are still nice.

15. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Hiking boots>combat boots. Breath well most are waterproof better support and sole guards.

16. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    This guy. :)

I think we'll get along fine.

17. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

It's not retreating, it's advancing in the opposite direction