Whats in my cart.

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by TheFallenHero, Dec 30, 2012.

1. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Deciding what to buy is never easy for your first gun. I was cruising around airsoftgi and decided might as well see what i can get for under 200.

So this is what i have in my cart.

JG G36 currently on sale for $95

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=11802

Save Phace OD green mask. $47

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=8646

Airsoft elite .25 bbs. 10k. $24

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9709

Some questions i have though. Should i buy shims? If i do which shim set should i buy or does it not matter?

What should i be buying to grease up my gun. I prefer buying it from AirsoftGi even though i know its going to be overpriced. So whichever you think is the best for the price would be great. Also i plan on only playing CQB with the g36c. Will it shoot lower then 330 with .25s?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    What's the point of this thread. Are you asking for advice on these things?

3. TheFallenHero

More or less. On what i could get that's better. I still need to buy some sort of all black thing to wear. Some cargo pants to have large pockets and such but yea.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    For starters you have a good list of items. You might want to grab an extra hi-cap mag just to have if need be.
    In terms of shims. Shims are shims. There are no high or low quality shims, just pieces of metal, but you want to make sure the shim set you purchase has a nice range of shim sizes. Typically they're available in anywhere between 0.1mm to 0.3mm. Some sets go up to 0.4mm. Just grab and go.

I can't comment in terms of grease because I use an automotive grease because it's simply what I have available.

In terms of BBs and velocity. Let me be the first to tell you don't stress, worry, think, or focus on velocity, ASIDE for field velocity rules. Out of the box, these new G36c guns tend to shoot about 370-380FPS. Adding .25g BBs to the mix, you'll be around the 360FPS range, you can even go as far as using .3g BBs if you REALLy want to be accurate.

Aside from that, you're doing good. Don't worry about people thinking where you purchase from, it's really a "to each, his own" type thing. Just remember to use coupon codes where applicable, and of course enjoy the sport.

5. TheFallenHero

The field limit is 350 with .2.

6. rich635

rich635 Active Member

Los Angeles
    Then you'll need an M100 spring, and you'll have to install it.

7. TheFallenHero

Ah. Is that a huge undertaking or something easy to do?

I mean i assume it involves taking apart the GB to get to the piston. Then taking out the old spring and putting in the new one. Then reassembling. Which shouldnt be to much of an issue. When i first get the gun should i reshim and regrease or should it be fine?

8. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    If you're planning on opening the gun to shim/grease, you have to disassemble the gearbox and remove the spring.

9. TheFallenHero

Does it matter on which brand of m100 I get?

10. Biohazard

Biohazard New Member

Somewhere in Europe
    Guarder, madbull, and modify springs are all great. Guarder and modify are on a different measurement scale, and because of that, you will have to get an SP90 for those two brands. They're measured with .25s rather than .2s.

11. TheFallenHero

Mmk. Hard to shim a GB?

12. theonlyBuster

S. Florida