What's the BEST v2 gearbox on the market??

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by xzaosfx, Dec 8, 2011.

1. xzaosfx

xzaosfx New Member

port clinton
    Alright, kind of a silly question in a way but i want to hear everyone's opinion and why they think its the best... Kind of a two part question as well..

So whats the BEST gearbox shell on the market? (the gearbox that everyone drools over but A) cant afford or B) cant find in stock or C) can only be used with one company) Best of the best

Also, whats the best gearbox shell in terms of best for its price, durability, quality, and compatibility? (best all around gearbox)

Also the best drop in gearbox?

Now strictly just AEG, though electric pneumatic guns (polar star) are bad *** as all hell, im not going to count those. they use gas and dont count as a full blown aeg in my book ;)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. llvllaRk13

llvllaRk13 New Member

In my opinion, the best gearbox is one built yourself how you want it. Best drop-in GB i would say is a complete JG. Theyre cheap, and good quality

3. xzaosfx

xzaosfx New Member

port clinton
    whoops, i should reword, the best Gearbox Shell.

4. PwnCzar

PwnCzar New Member

Seattle
    For strength, the best V2 shell is probably the KWA (as much as it pains me to say it). The shells of the CA and Systema are rock solid too.

Drop in, I have no idea. I would imagine a Bravo gearbox, considering Airsoft GI uses them in all of their $1000+ custom AEGs. But like I said, I have no clue.

5. bludragon071889

bludragon071889 New Member

Walnut
    Prowin gearbox

MTHaynes Gearbox.

BTW the KWA gearbox is terrible, it is made with extremely crappy pot metal. Just cast with higher tolerances.

6. CQB101

CQB101 New Member

The new angel custom looks pleasing

7. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Bludragon got the best two gearboxes you can get. Prepare to sell a arm and a leg to be able to purchase one though.

8. Phailed

Phailed New Member

Bodø

the KWA gearbox shell just breaks in the front after 300-400 BBs :(

9. 4pekatt

4pekatt New Member

Bodø
    I can't seem to find these Bludragon shells... Googled it, found nothing.. Tried airsoftmechanics, but did not find it there either.. WHERE ARE THEY?

10. bludragon071889

Walnut
    Oh, you want shells that you can buy...Well too bad. The mt haynes was a one off run of 100 or so. The PGC gearboxes are still made but at a backbreakingly slow pace. Keep your eyes out for them I guess. I see about 4 a year on ASF but they go in about a day.

Actually I recall seeing an ad recently on ASM...

Here it is.
    WTS Pro-win 8mm (black)
    Oops, SPF, see what you can do. MAybe they back out.

11. 4pekatt

4pekatt New Member

Bodø
  12. bludragon071889

Walnut
    Someone pm'd him yesterday about it. So you will have to act fast to get it.

Otherwise, the pro-win is a split gearbox design which makes it easy to shim, made of billet aluminum so it is strong and light. Not to mention CNC'd.

13. RCV

RCV New Member

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. +1. But you'll gave to shell out some insane cash for them

14. Lon3Wo1f

Lon3Wo1f New Member

Huntington Beach
    Prowin
    MTHaynes
    Modify Torus
    Bravo/Lonex

Those are the shells I most commonly see in high budget builds, and the ones I see a LOT of respected techs use/endorse (Major9, HS5, etc)

15. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I'm sure some will disagree but I feel as if Ics should be mentioned. Obviously its not a haynes box but it cb do will spring changes and is fairly nice in its own regards. Although, it is proprietary...

16. bludragon071889

Walnut
    The only thing I have problems with on the ICS is the 6mm bushings and that the ICS boxes tend to be louder than other AEG GB's. They are extremely strong though, definitely a plus.

17. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
  18. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    My bad. >.> Sorry bout that!