What's the purpose of sound grenades?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by AznMunkay, Nov 10, 2013.

1. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    I have some extra money to waste on airsoft and I've been looking at sound grenades.

2. Magpulman

Magpulman Active Member

Stevenson
    Mostly to distract, disorient, and slightly scare the enemy.

If they hear a loud bang then it's going to take their attention off of whatever they are focused on for a split second (i.e. a doorway) and you can use that split second to make your move.

3. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    I use them to move people. When a hissing grenade is resting at your feet you tend to get out of the way.

4. Navy100

Navy100 New Member

Ridgewood
    It basically disorients anyone in that room, and helps the player/team going into the room have a higher chance of successfully clearing the room. Also, it can distract the enemy team. Say if a thunder b (sound grenade) is thrown on one side of the field. Most peoples attention will focus on that side of the field. Giving your team the advantage to get them out, or advance.

5. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Columbus
    Well.. If you're chilling, minding your business, and suddenly a hissing grenade flies through the window, you're going to freak out. If you're around long enough for it to go off, you are generally considered out, or you're going to get disoriented.

6. 703

703 Active Member

At my local fields they are used mainly to clear a room/building. If a grenade enters & goes off everyone in that room is dead. Outside it's usually a 15-20ft kill radius depending on the field.

7. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    I've heard that a certain thunder b filled with baby powder makes quite a surprise for an unsuspecting enemy...

8. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    Yup, powder is the best, leave the bbs at home though.

9. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    That's what tornado grenades (which I don't prefer) come in handy.