Where are the "stickies"??

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by snapshot311, Jun 9, 2015.

1. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    So I picked up a Well L96 on CL for cheap and I come on to AS expecting to see this wealth of information on DIY mods and such and I get masking tape barrel spacers....

Don't make me cheat on AS with Airsoft Sniper Forum....

Anyone have anything to offer other than replace all the internals?

I'm ordering an SHS brass hopup (PDI clone?) because the stock hopup arm is cracked and the barrel clip has fallen to pieces. I'll be flat hopping. No patience for R hopping.

2. airsoftmaniacman

airsoftmaniacman Active Member

Baltimore
    That's like saying, "Don't make me go to Harvard or Oxbridge, because I'd rather take an online college course."

Your loss.

If you don't want to visit ASF, then use Google. You'll get links to forums like AirsoftRetreat and AirsoftForum, which in their heyday were as big, if not larger, than AS.

3. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    For someone with as many posts as you I expected a little more than that. I use google. Lots. I was expecting more than which clone L96 should I buy and tell me if my list of parts that everyone else already bought are good on AS in the Sniper category ... I also expected more than your horrible attempt at a metaphor.

Thanks for all of your help. I can only assume you have never built a BASR or you would have had even a simple DIY tidbit to add to this incredible thread other than Google=DIY.

4. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    Thanks I read that. It seems that all of his mods are to new parts that don't exactly fit the L96.

5. Dehaka

Dehaka New Member

NY
    Oh :( too bad man can't help much. I have also WL96, I think its best if you upgrade the internals for it to be good.

Pretty expensive for the parts for my taste :p

6. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    I read a great one earlier. If I can find the page again I'll post a link. I just flat hopped the stock bucking and made nub out of rubber stamping mat. I did order the PPS hopup.

7. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    The thread I read, the guy was accurately getting torso shots at 250' on all stock parts. Just compression and minor tweaks. Since this is my first sniper and I have a build and a half still going on (waiting on parts), I'm going to see how much I can get out of it stock before I change anything major.