Where do I get this part?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Tactical1911, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Tactical1911

Tactical1911 Member

Walla Walla
    So I was taking apart my CYMA CM.050 AK the other day. Not to do anything with it really, just for the fun of it. (I don't know how to do anything with airsoft internals. Modifications, repairs, etc.) While I was pulling out the gearbox, this happened: 102.jpg

I've done it tons of times so don't tell me I shouldn't have done it since I'm an inexperienced airsofter. I just want to know what air nozzle to get, and where to buy it. If there's anything else I would need to repair it, please tell me what it is too. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

2. yakantosh

yakantosh New Member

I will vouch for the aluminum shs air nozzle wingman posted a link to. It has worked well for me.

3. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    I've got one that I can sell you. It'll probably be cheaper than retail price.

4. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    I would say go to clandestine, its usually cheaper compared to Brills

5. Tactical1911

Tactical1911 Member

Walla Walla
    Alright. I'm considering Clandestine since three people have recommended it. When I'm ready to get one, that might be where I buy it. First I have to see if the tech I know will switch it out for the broken one.

6. Dannyboyextreme

Burbank
    While you are at it, you should take a look at some of the upgrade parts on clandestine

7. Tactical1911

Tactical1911 Member

Walla Walla
    Yeah... I don't exactly know how to "upgrade" my airsoft guns.. There's hardly any airsoft activity where I live. Not a single airsoft store within 300 miles of me. I've been doing this sport for almost 2 years I think, and I still haven't ever cracked open a gearbox. It's a good thought though. They're a reliable website? I haven't heard of them.

8. Wingman703

Wingman703 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Atlanta
    Clandestine and Brill are both highly reputable small businesses. I would highly praise both of them, and you will also get MUCH better customer service then you would EVER get at a "big 3" retailer.

As for swapping the nozzles, its 10min of work if you go slow. If the tech tries to charge you an arm and a leg for just the nozzle swap, get out of there. There are many people on here that would most likely do it for the price of shipping your gearbox to/from them.

I highly suggest you look up "V3 gearbox breakdown" or something of the sort on YT. This is a very easy job that could be well within your skill level, depending upon how coordinated/mechanically inclined you are.

9. Tactical1911

Tactical1911 Member

Walla Walla
    Maybe I'll try to crack open the gearbox and replace it myself. I've never done it, and it probably will go wrong. That's why I'll call the tech first, and see how much it would cost for him to swap out the air nozzle, AND put my gearbox back together in case I mess up. I don't think he'll charge me a ton. He's not one of those people.

10. Dehaka

Dehaka New Member

NY
    its easy to take it off and replace nozzle, only thing would mess up would be that ARL on some box it doesn't stay on

11. Tactical1911

Tactical1911 Member

Walla Walla
    Yeah, I'm just worried about a bunch of parts going everywhere and then me forgetting where they go. It's fine though, I'll call the guy and get it worked out. Thanks for the help.

12. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore
    Try it yourself, replacing it won't be the hard part, it's putting it's back together that's hard, if you mess it up, send it to a tech!

13. Tactical1911

Tactical1911 Member

Walla Walla
    Alright, I'll do that. Thanks for all the help.

14. imnotcrazy777

imnotcrazy777 Active Member Supporting Member

Don't worry about it too much, when I first opened up my gearbox I had no idea where anything went. I spent a few hours online figuring out where everything went, and it still worked after finishing.

Just make sure you shield the back of the gearbox, you might have your main spring come out and shoot your spring guide off, lol.

15. Tactical1911

Tactical1911 Member

Walla Walla
    Alright. I'm just worried because somebody told me that they wrecked their gearbox when they took theirs apart. I'll probably end up doing it though. The thing that makes me worried is that I haven't been able to contact the tech. When I figure it all out though, I'll probably end up cracking open the gearbox.

Edit: I took apart the gearbox and as soon as I took the side off, it went downhill. I'm probably going to have to call the tech. He said he'd put it back together for free. (I finally was able to contact him.) All the little springs, gears, pieces, and everything came apart immediately. I'm going to mess with it more later and try to get it back together, but oh well. Stuff happens. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  16. Dannyboyextreme

Burbank
    I remember it like it was Sunday morning... My friend tried ipening up the gearbox and as soon as everything went flying he called me... Its not that hard really its just you need to be careful about not forgetting to put back things in the right place. Closing is hard especially of you are alone on it but you get use to it