Where to get new acus

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by mactruck, Oct 14, 2012.

1. mactruck

mactruck New Member

I think I should get them from evike or airsoft gi wat do you think

2. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Please use proper grammar next time you post and by ACU I believe you mean the pattern UCP. I would recommend a different camouflage unless you play in a rocky environment or creating an impression that uses UCP. What environment are you planning on playing in?

3. mactruck

mactruck New Member

No that is what they are called in the army national guard

4. mactruck

mactruck New Member

I play cqb at my rocky terrain house

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Buy Propper brand from www.bdu.com.

Mike is correct, by the way. "ACU" stands for "Army Combat Uniform," which up until recently was only issued in UCP ("Universal Camouflage Pattern"). Because they were essentially one and the same, everybody started calling the pattern "ACU," and everybody still pretty much knows what you mean when you say you want "ACU" camo. However, for the last year or two, the Army has been issuing Army Combat Uniforms in Multicam (they're calling it "OCP" for "Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern") to soldiers deployed in Afghanistan. The uniform is still called "ACU" because it's the same cut, but it's in OCP/Multicam instead of UCP.

Calling the pattern "ACU" isn't necessarily wrong because it's been so heavily ingrained in military vernacular. But it's more correct to call it "UCP" instead. This is one of things that I don't get my jimmies ruffled over, personally. I just wanted to clarify because knowing things is important.