Which colour BDU would look the best with black accessories?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by SquirrelOps, Jun 16, 2015.

1. SquirrelOps

SquirrelOps New Member

So I've been leaning towards desert digital BDU, but I'm not sure about it. I am mainly a CQB player, since PA doesn't have too many Milsim events. I could also go all black for that tactical-tacticool look, but I'm not sure. If you have any pictures, please share.

Thanks!
    Callsign SquirrelOps

May the odds me ever in your favour

2. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    By "black accessories" I assume you mean a black vest, helmet, gloves, kneepads, boots, etc. The patterns that would go best with black gear would be Kryptek Typhon, Multicam Black, or A-TACS LE - if you can afford/find them. As a matter of fact, I actually use all black gear too, and I run MARPAT BDU's. While it's not the best color combo it's definitely a unique one. You could also wear OD BDU's for that SWAT appearance.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    A navy blue uniform would give you a 90s LAPD vibe. 3 color DCUs would give you a 90s Delta vibe. Either would look great. Woodland MARPAT and black looks awful. Desert MARPAT and black looks a little better, but mostly because it's reminiscent of 3 color DCUs and black.

I take if you already own the black gear?

4. SquirrelOps

SquirrelOps New Member

Yes, black PC, helmet, battle belt, pouches, goggles, mesh mask, and gopro case.

5. SquirrelOps

SquirrelOps New Member

I think I actually found a decent one. Emerson Kryptek Typhon BDU. Looks good to me:) opinions?

6. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    I'd go with either OD Green or Grey, personally.

7. ben0300

ben0300 Member

Katy
    What about digital woodland? That's what I use now and it looks pretty cool

8. SRT

SRT Member

berks county
    Od green would be the way to go.

9. Steve116277

Steve116277 Member

North Alabama
    I really like the look of all the kryptek camo.

I'm just throwing this idea out for discussion: tiger stripe.

It has a lot of black in it that might go well with black accessories.

10. rondeb22

rondeb22 Go To OOBI Games Supporting Member

Sunman
    I may be slightly biased because I also run black gear, but I'll second Blue and DCU. I'll also throw in M81. I rather like the combo a lot. Of course, there's also the recent trend to take your existing pattern and recolor it black and blue. So that throws in ATACS LE, Kryptek Typhon, and Multicam Black if you're going for a more modern look. I'd recommend against Emerson, not a lot of people seem to be happy with their patterned gear.

Also, to my understanding, PA has a large MilSim community if you look for it. Facebook is your friend when finding new fields/events.

11. Steve116277

Steve116277 Member

North Alabama
    If this post looks familiar, it's because I'm pasting it into two threads that are generally covering the same topic about black colored gear and what to wear it with.

I just got back from my local field where I played only my second game ever. Airsoft is awesome.

Anyway, several players today had black gear. Everything from belt and holster combos to full vests and plate carriers. I noticed that the black gear did not look bad at all on the players who wore it with MARPAT and Asian Tiger Stripe camo. One player wore a black tactical vest with digital desert camo and that combo did not look good to me at all. Perhaps black gear is okay to run with the darker temperate or jungle camo.

12. SquirrelOps

SquirrelOps New Member

*UPDATE* I just ordered a nice (around $100) set of Kryptek Typhon Jacket, Pants, and knee pads. Thanks to all for participating

13. SquirrelOps

SquirrelOps New Member

Sorry I was not aware of that thread, and rather made it for discussion between me and others versus throwing it out there.

14. Steve116277

Steve116277 Member

North Alabama
    Where did you order the Kryptek from? $100 is a good price for that stuff!

15. SquirrelOps

SquirrelOps New Member

Amazon actually. I'll try to find it again. Send you a link of you'd like:)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  16. thatzackwheeler

thatzackwheeler New Member

Menasha
    If you have that link, then message it to me too. Thanks!