Which fuse?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by valleywarfare, Nov 11, 2012.

1. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    I have a CYMA AK-47 and it's not shooting. All I know is that the fuse is blown. I tried putting one I found in my garage in but it just blew it again. What kind of fuse should I get?

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Basic stats are: 20A 250V 20mm
    You can get a higher amperage, but make sure the size is 20mm.
    You can get em from Radioshack, WalMArt, and a slew of other local stores

Now if you're blowing fuses left and right, the problem is not your fuse but an electrical problem. Could be a frayed wire, cheap battery, or a few other things.

You can also bypass the fuse all together.

3. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay... What are the disadvantages of no fuse?

4. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Think of the fuse as a burst disc that would be put on a paintball tank. This disc will hold pressure without failing when the tank is pressurized to the recommended pressure, however when the tank is pressurized beyond this point this disc will fail preventing it from failing in a more drastic way and sending shrapnel everywhere. In an airsoft gun the fuse functions like this burst disc by allowing the current necessary for normal operation of the replica to pass through however when the amp load being drawn from the battery increases over the normal amount indicating a failure somewhere in the system and then the fuse fails preventing further damage to the components of the gun. So basically the fuse is designed to fail to protect parts in the gun in case of an internal issue. I run fuses in some of my guns however I uses fuses with a higher amp load due to my guns being higher performance and drawing more amps during normal operation. While fuses are not 100% necessary to the operation of the gun they add an increased measure of protection against failure. In your cases I would recommend using a fuse because you are not attempting to pull that last 1-2 rps out of the gun and if you do ever do any work on the gearbox and make an error there will be a measure of protection. That is a very long winded answer to a simple question but I hope I explained it thoroughly.

5. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay, thanks!............

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    The idea of the fuse is to "break/blow" causing power to no longer flow through to the motor and possibly cause it to go out. It doesn't happen often, but can occur.