Which GBB, KWA vs TM?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by lightingman117, Jul 19, 2016.

1. lightingman117

lightingman117 Member

Panhandle
    I haven't ever owned a pistol before, but I am seeing it as needed more and more often.

I like the idea of AEP so I don't have to deal with gas, but I decided on the gas for a more realistic feel as I want to utilize the new pistol to match my current Real Steel M&P .40 for training purposes.

Price range: 100-150 (not including accessories, plan on 2nd mag + propane adapter, drop leg holster)

Models: M&P*, M9, G19, etc.

Usage: room clearing, practice, CQB, backup, etc.

I was originally considering waiting until I have the money/birthday present and getting the TM GBB M&P to be identical.

However, I saw this deal: KWA ATP NS2 $116 w/ gas & bb's
    I'm curious if I should just spring for that as it's probably close enough; I read the reviews on the KWA, but nothing on reliability/longevity which is a large concern for myself.

2. legoclone09

legoclone09 Likes are candy Supporting Member

San Diego
    Get a TM, they have a better hopup and have more upgrades available. It's worth the extra money.

3. lightingman117

lightingman117 Member

Panhandle
    Alrighty, thanks!

I'm a big range/accuracy guy so that settles a good bit. I may try r-hop in the future :p haha [I need to figure out if this is even worth while on pistols, though]

I've been trying to research the GBB manufactures, and their perceived quality, it seems that TM keeps coming up as the top. Even still, I wasn't quite sure where KWA lies in comparison (I was under the assumption they are equivalent or slightly less).

Can't help but double check on good deals ;)

4. legoclone09

legoclone09 Likes are candy Supporting Member

San Diego
    KWA is a little less, my friend has one and my brother has a TM. The TM is lighter, magazines are way cheaper, and it has longer range, as well as has a very fast field strip (but that's probably because his is a Glock and my friend's is an M9).

5. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter