Which GBBP?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by valleywarfare, Nov 18, 2012.

1. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area

Fix your link.

The KJW P226 is a great pistol though.

3. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Oops, sorry about that. So what would you say now?

4. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Those two pistols are KJW's best models in my opinion. My KJW 1911 Tactical like the one you listed, lasted around 2 years with only one problem before I traded it. The 226 is probably the better of the two.
    It is much better than a KWA 226 as well. Choose to your hearts desire:)

5. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay, thanks!

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Both are good guns. I personally had a better experience with the Sig, but that's also because I'm a bigger Sig fan than the old M1911. But both are roughly equal picks.

If I had to be completely unbiased, I'd say the 1911 because of maga compatibility. 1911 mags are a bit easier to find than Sig mags.

7. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay, awesome. Also, propane vs. green gas? Which is better? Someone on my team told me that propane messes your gun up but I want to hear it from a more experienced airsofter. And is airsoftextreme a good site to buy things from? Because I found the p226 on there for $99 and a mag for $19! The prices seem kinda low...

8. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    They are legit, don't hesitate buy from AEX.

9. FSTK

FSTK Member

propane does mess up your gun if you don't maintain the gas pistol itself on the side. Green gas has lube in it already with ideal molality so it naturally lubes up the parts that matter but not enough to cause problems. Some say putting some drops of silicone in the propane tank every 2-3 gas fills does the job. I agree that it maintains the health of the mag but not the gas pistol itself.

This is why KWA won't honor warranty on pistols used with propane because it's difficult to find the exact source of error. So if you plan to use propane, just maintain basic maintenance discretion and you'll be fine.

As for the KJW P226 being $100, it's expected because a good chunk of parts is made of die-cast metal. I wouldn't worry about it too much, maybe watch out for the hammer spring and the trigger spring later in life but that's about it. It's not like you're preparing it for use as a primary right?

Like the guy above me said: AEX is legit for buying pistols, not so much for gas parts unless you're a hi-capa user.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  10. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

*sigh* get the 226, but for spare mags buy TM. KJW mags suck for leaking. Propane is the exact same stuff as green gas except it doesn't have silicon oil and it smells better IMO. Just make sure you keep the pistol lubed and cleaned, and add a little silicon oil to the MBA every couple fills and you'll be perfectly fine.

11. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

I agree. KJW's extra mags are pretty infamous for their lips falling off. They also can have leaking problems.

12. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay, so does the mag that comes with the p226 suck also?

13. Lil_Shady

Haven't had any lip issues, always been the leaking. It probably will suck but should last long enough for you to grab a TM.

14. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
  15. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

I've heard of others having lip issues, but those may be special cases in which the user repeatedly abused the mag.

Just like Shady said, the magazine will last long enough for you to buy a TM 226 magazine. TM's GBBP mags are pretty high quality from my experience.

16. Lil_Shady

That's probably it. I'm a GBBRS tech so I baby my pistols lol.

17. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    What about the mag with the Holy Cow special on Evike? (For the 1911)

18. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012