Which gun?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by ishotyou, Sep 16, 2012.

1. ishotyou

ishotyou New Member

Play field and cqb
    I am a all around airsoft player
    I like p90s mp5Ks scars
    The gun would be for recreational and scenario play
    I like to try my hand at sniping so a gun with good range would be good
    I don't care about the power source
    My price range is 100 to 200

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

What is your budget?

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    First and foremost, welcome to Airsoft Society.

I will advise you go AEG than sniper rifle, especially if you're new to airsoft. Sniper rifles out of the box are about as accurate and ranged as your basic AEG, which means while everyone else is unloading hundreds of rounds down range, you're floating 1 round at a time, achieving the same distance. To get a great performing sniper rifle, you'll have to upgrade it and toss quite a few pocket fulls of cash and time into it. Even buying a new sniper rifle brand new, it would still need some work for most all the manufactures out there. I can only think of 2 manufactures who don't really need upgrading, but those are about $800+ guns

In terms of a good electric gun, check out the JG/Kart P90. I want to say Classic Army also makes a P90 that's in your price range, if not it's just over $200
    Galaxy makes a decent cheap MP5k, that's decent for beginner CQB players, Echo 1 makes one also, but it's a bit higher in price.
    In terms of the SCAR, a second hand DBoys or Echo 1 SCAR-L would be nice. I say second hand because they'll be exceptionally hard to find brand new thanks to FN Hershal filing suit.

Remember most of these guns are sold without batteries, so make sure you factor in batteries, spare mags, external parts (if desired), and adequate eye protection.

4. ishotyou

ishotyou New Member

Are p90s awkward to hold?

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    It's a "to each, his own" type thing.
    For me the stock P90 was too short, so I use and extended stock, which also helps by giving me more room for the battery.

My best advice to new players with little gun experience or handling is to go to a local airsoft shop (or gun shop if you're old enough), and handle a few guns.
    It'll let you figure out which gun feel you like the best, as well as how a few others feel.

You may be like me, not able to shoot an AK accurately AT ALL because it's uncomfortable to handle.

6. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Everyones different but from my experience no they are not.