Which HK416 AEG should I buy?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by isaiah0303, Jul 1, 2015.

1. isaiah0303

isaiah0303 New Member

Mombasa
    I've been looking at AGM 614 with a metal body (pot metal) and the Classic Army HK416 with metal body and metal internals (supplier told me). The AGM cost $155 and the Classic Army cost $288, if I buy the AGM I may be able to fit in some upgrades internally and externally.

The Classic Army has a CNC-machined RIS, metal body, crane stock, mechanical blowback function, detachable longer barrel and metal internals.

The AGM has a metal RIS and body, 417 stock, and solid internals.

I've seen mixed reviews about Classic Army internals but with AGM I've seen good reviews. Are Classic Army internals good compared to an AGM?

I own an ICS sportline so if I buy AGM huge downgrade. I was hoping to buy the JG HK416 v2 metal body with mosfet, until I saw the rails aren't like the real HK416. DBOYs, VFCs and Echo 1s aren't available to where I live. My price range max is $300.

Thanks!! This will be my 2nd AEG!

Specs:
    CA 416 - http://www.airsoft-hq.co.za/shop/index.php/radios/product/1106-ca416-blowback-version-ca046m

AGM 416 - http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=14951

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  2. DoUWantIceCream

DoUWantIceCream New Member

Buford
    Why would you want a 416? You can get a much better gun for that price range. But i would advise staying away from AGM from what i have seen. But if you really want one i would say go with Classic Army. The only issue i see with the classic army is the blowback. All blowbacks except the G&G Pneumatic blowback drain the battery about 33% faster and make alot of noise.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015

3. isaiah0303

isaiah0303 New Member

Mombasa
    I'm trying to make a JW GROM or JSOC loadout. What gun could I get better price to quality ratio? I saw a website which said the weight of the CA416 is 15lbs or 6.8kg, while the rest said it weighs 3kg.

4. Mewgen

Mewgen Member

San Francisco
    I'v owned the AGM HK416, JG 614, TM HK416, and VFC HK416.

AGM & JG are the same. My JG 614 was newer and had the latest gen3 v2 gearbox so it performed flawlessly with some minor mods. Both were extremely heavy in comparison to TM & VFC. Body is pot metal (heavy), stock feels cheap, front rail is heavy and sharp.

VFC was in the medium quality range. Externals were very nice, but the performance left something to be desired. The newer v2 HK416 has a stronger piston, metal piston head and metal bushings. You will eventually be upgrading these. I'm not a fan of the auto-shimming gears.

TM best overall with a heavy price tag. Great externals and you can bet awesome internals. Excellent hop-up and range out-of-the-box. Good trademarks. Worth the money if you have it. My only gripe is the propriety and expensive magazines.

FYI... someone was selling a Hurricane HK416 not too long ago. I think it was a Tokyo Marui base.

5. isaiah0303

isaiah0303 New Member

Mombasa
    No VFC or TM in where I am from.. Do you think the CA HK416 is really a step up from the AGM 416 or other M4 variants in it's price range?

6. Mewgen

Mewgen Member

San Francisco
    I would think it's safe to say the Classic Army should be better.