which hopup bucking?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by munchflo, Jan 5, 2009.

1. munchflo

munchflo New Member

I heard that a new hopup bucking helps to increase the consitancy of your shooting for little money. I have a stock JG G36K, what brand and which one should I buy? How do soft, hard or very hard buckings effect the shooting?

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Brands? Madbull, Guarder, Systema, Prometheus

I've used all with success. Sometimes you have to test different ones, though.
    My UMG does great with Madbull, my P90 hates Madbull but loves Guarder, my ICS likes Systema and Madbull but not Guarder. I know, it's wierd...

As for hard vs. soft, hard buckings are for higher FPS setups (350+), soft buckings are for sub-350 FPS. This is a general rule of thumb, though. Some have other theories, but this appears to be fairly common accepted school of thought. I run hard and 60-70% buckings in most all my guns.

3. jamesairsoft

jamesairsoft New Member

Sparky has pretty much summed it up but he didnt mention the amazing brand that is FIREFLY!!! By far the best, it uses a V shaped hop and puts backspin on form several angles. However they are hard to find D:

4. G36fanatic...

G36fanatic... Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boulder
    munchflo, last active 6-9-09 "post date 1-5-09"

But whatever. I use the guarder 70% and I am very pleased. I also hear the systema bucking is even better. Prommy buckings are supposed to be amazing, but the problem is with the hard one, its too hard. Unless you tephlon tape the hop up, a lot of people have seal issues. But its an easy fix.

5. mollylover45

mollylover45 New Member

Manhattan
    I have used systema buckings and they are sturdy like a rock, anyone know where to find a firefly bucking? (yes i know this is an old thread)

6. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Airsoft Atlanta was the last US site I saw that had(s) them in stock.

7. TheRev

TheRev New Member

I just got a new hop-up bucking and I'm loving it. It's a custom made one that is much easier to install (compared to the custom made R-Hop). It's called the Tru-Hop. I highly recommend it!

8. Stonearmdog

Stonearmdog New Member Supporting Member

Sevierville
    Dude.....you just did a major 6yr 4 month and 27 day revive.

9. TheRev

TheRev New Member

I didn't even see that, haha. Just googled about buckings and saw this post without seeing the date and thought I'd give my two cents.

10. Gruffinchuff

Gruffinchuff New Member

Nowy Targ
    Information or links to the "Tru-Hop"???? does no one any good if there is no way to find it.

11. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    Where did you buy this? I have read about them not long ago but they were not for sale at that time. I would love to get ahold of a couple.

12. Stonearmdog

Sevierville
    I hadnt heard of but just looked it up. It sounds amazing. I have a build comin up that Im goin to do and was goin to flat hop but of I can I would love to buy one of these too. Like others have asked, where did you get this?

13. TheRev

TheRev New Member

Hey guys, after doing some searching I found them and contacted them via e-mail and got the Tru-Hop that way. Here is their site: trusightairsoft.com

Cheers!

14. Stonearmdog

Sevierville
    Thanks man. Do you think this gives better range than a flat hop?

15. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Everything I've seen on the tru-hop warrants the thread revival.
    I received one of their bucking for testing and can honestly say I'm impressed with everything I've seen so far.

I have not been able to do any ranged tests yet, but fit and finish are great.

16. Zaryk

Southern
    Sure hope they work good, i already placed my order...

17. TheRev

TheRev New Member

Yeah, it gives a boost in range but what is impressing me more is the consistency and the grouping I can get at those longer rangers compared to the other hop-up upgrades.

18. Dastorminmormon9

Dastorminmormon9 New Member

I too have recently ordered one for one of my projects. R hop works well, but takes a lot of time and patience, this looks like a good alternative that is much less time consuming

19. Gruffinchuff

Gruffinchuff New Member

Nowy Targ
    I just ordered one and we will post results here when we get it.

20. Zaryk

Southern
    I just got one and installed it in my VFC Scar-L. It only increased my range slightly over my maple leaf, but it is making my shot trajectory a lot flatter and i have not had any fliers with it so far especially while shooting full auto. It really seems to work better than any other buckings i have used for a full auto set up. Accuracy and precision has a noticeable difference. I'm liking it so far. But be advised, the spacer included would need the sides sanded down if your planning on installing in an ICS hop up unit because it will not fit through the nub window. Not a huge problem but i thought i would mention it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016