Which is better?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by longgphan, Jul 27, 2017.

Umbrella Armory or Polarstar

Poll closed Aug 3, 2017.
  1. Umbrella Armory

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Polarstar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. longgphan

longgphan New Member

Glen Allen
    I've been saving up my money for a couples trying to upgrade my Krytac SPR. The thing is, I'm stuck on which upgrade to pick! I heard Umbrella Armory makes top tier guns, but I also heard Polarstar can make your gun good!!! So my question is, Umbrella Armory or Polarstar? I'm not a tech-y kind of guy when it comes to airsoft, but I know what each gear does. So this thread is pretty much for the airsoft tech veterans haha. A response would be great because I'm trying to upgrade real soon!

2. Airsoft444

Airsoft444 Mad Scientist Supporting Member

Milwaukee
    I'm not 100% what you are asking. You can't directly compare polar star to umbrella. One is an upgrade company and the other makes HPA engines.

3. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    I'd simply ask this:

What are you looking to accomplish? Two very different upgrades. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd think there might be a little more maintenance involved with running HPA. Plus the additional weight of the bottle and regulator, the restricted freedom from having a hose attached. Guess it really depends on whether you want to run an AEG or an HPA system. If you want to run an AEG, Umbrella supposedly puts out some pretty amazing builds. But you're going to pay for it! I think you could build a good HPA for less money than what a UA gun would cost you.

4. longgphan

longgphan New Member

Glen Allen

5. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton

6. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    Just throwing an HPA unit in your gun will offer very little improvement in terms of range and accuracy if you already have a good gun. Getting a pre-upgraded gun from UA, if you select the right options at checkout, will have consistency to rival a polarstar, spot-on cylinder volume, amazing parts and a great hop and barrel group.

I would personally go with a UA gun over an HPAd gun any day of the week. They do spectacular work, however, they are majorly backlogged and you'd have to wait quite a while to get your gun. Another option is to find a respectable local tech and send a gun into him to get up to the UA standard.

7. Michael Rosa

Michael Rosa Active Member

Califon
    You could go UA or you could get a Polarstar and a drop in r hop inner barrel/HopUp unit from Dan Blomquist for much cheaper. Polarstar and other HPA systems are very low maintenance, hardly every break, and super easy to fix. I’m not a tech and I built my Polarstar from the ground up and I’m hitting 250 feet on a rope consistently for much cheaper than a UA gun. Also, Wolverine just came out with some HPA guns that have crazy strong externals. Watched a guy throw one against a cement wall, pick it up, and continue firing. Of course, you’ll need either a tank and line or an air stock