Which M4 Style AEG?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by BlackJack, Nov 7, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Looking for a nice M4 style AEG. Probably will be used as main gun... used in field and CQB. Price range is $200-300... give or take a few bucks. What are your opinions of the brands listed?

Ares
    Classic Army
    Deep Fire
    Echo1
    G&G
    ICS
    King Arms

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. motokid58

motokid58 New Member

friendsville
    I would go with the kwa cqr mod 1 or 2. I have the mod 2 it's a great gun

3. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard about KWA. I'll check out what they have to offer.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    NOOOOOO!!!! Don't get a KWA unless you are completely sure you do not want to do any upgrades. Grab a VFC E-series or a G&P. You will be much happier down the road due to the great externals and upgradability.

5. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    You can't upgrade a KWA?

6. Derion

Derion New Member

Moscow
    AGM or G&G without EBB (last one need some upgrages)

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    You can with some things but they're proprietary.

8. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    proprietary... so they make their own upgrades, and no one else does... are the upgrades any good?

9. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    You could get better.

ICS makes good guns for a price just as good. You also get the benefit of the split-gearbox design. Stocks and RIS's are proprietary though but I believe you can use "normal" stocks with a bit of modification.

Here is the link to ICS's page at Evike: http://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=21_44_221

Edit:
    No problem. That's a very BA name BTW. :p

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  10. rdrunner

rdrunner New Member

ashburn
    I love my king arms m4. and they're currently up to 36% off on airsoftGI

11. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Seyo... thanks. I'll have to check into that. I'be heard good things about ICS. I might be interested in a full metal.

rdrunner... nice tip. I'll check airsoftgi.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Their shells are quite finicky with gears. Their motors are crap for what you pay for the gun, their externals aren't that great, their hop ups are meh, their bushings are 9mm, their pistons aren't that great, their piston heads are non ported metal (bad idea), their cylinder heads are fine I guess, no info on their nozzles, no info on their tappets, and their stock wiring is too thin (and wired to tamiyas :/). They're not Lipo ready either. It's only a marketing ploy. All guns can use a Lipo, but some can't take a high discharge and voltage for sustained amounts of time.

You can't go wrong with an ICS.. Dat split gearbox :p.

13. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    I say ICS, King Arms, or Echo 1. ICS is awesome for their split-gearbox design, allowing for different uppers and lowers for different setups, however there are some proprietary parts. Echo 1 doesn't really require any tuning out of box, but are still easily upgradeable (full TM compatibility) if you want. Plus, I saw a full metal Echo 1 STAG on Evike for only $210 before coupons (after coupons would be around $160 plus shipping), it's dirt cheap for a good gun with a metal receiver. King Arms is around the same as Echo 1, and right now the standard full metal one is on sale at ASGI for $175 before coupons (after is around $140) which is also dirt cheap for a good gun with a metal receiver. If you want to invest a little more, G&P and VFC make quality M4s for around $250 (around $200 after coupons) and their internals and externals are both better than Echo 1 and King Arms. These are all basic M4A1s, if you want rails or anything, you'll need to invest a little more.

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Eh, in your price range you could get a VFC e series and still have a good amount of money left over. I'd look into them.

15. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    BTW... I went for the ICS. Thanks for all the comments.

16. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Good choice! The gun should serve you well

17. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Good choice! I personally own two of them and love them! You will like it. Tell us the details once you get it.