Which one is better?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by JangoHarrison, Nov 12, 2012.

1. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    I'm trying to decide between an ICS L85 and an Ares TAR 21. They are both bullpup rifles which I like but I want the one that'll last the longest and is easily upgradable. And if you know of another bullpup rifle please let me know.

2. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I just fixed a friends ares tar 21 (broken tappet plate) took about two hours, the trigger and safety has these rods that are kind of tricky to get off with out the right tools, but in short it was pretty easy to get in to the gearbox.

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    That really didn't tell him which one to get. Personally, I'd go with the ICS because I'm an ICS lover. The only con against it is that it's pretty heavy.

4. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    Do all ics guns have a split gearbox?

5. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I know their M4s do but I'm not 100% sure about the L85. All I know is that I shot that thing stock and it was amazing.

6. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    Yea I think it does. I watched CrazyNCman's vid on the ics l85 and he really seemed to like it. Has anyone else seen his vids?

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Many people on this forum despise ncman including me. He thinks he knows everything and his videos are pretty biased(I think that's the word).

8. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I was telling him that in regards of it being pretty easy to disassemble thus making it easier to upgrade.

But if the ics has a split gearbox, get that I have the ics mx5pro and it is sweet.

9. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    I agree but some of his vids have helped and he does like to show off his success of a business man. He sold his website airsoftcarolina.com just to show how "good" he's doing.

10. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

If you can get a hold of one, there i s actually a Tokyo Marui AUG out there somewhere. Just a recommendation in case you want something else :) but very hard decision of guns, i like the Tar 21 just because i see it less often on the field.

11. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    That's exactly what I was thinking. But if I wanted to go with something that isn't on most airsoft fields I'd love to get ahold on a Real Sword type 97 b

12. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

Oh ****, dude i would get the Type 97b in a second if i had the cash :D

13. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    Yea I can't find em anywhere

14. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

There all sold out! Its annoying

15. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    I know! You'd have to go to Britain or somewhere a million mile away just to have a chance getting one

16. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

Haha i know right, i actually know a guy that has one but he bought it outside of the states :(

17. JangoHarrison

JangoHarrison New Member

Myrtle
    Yea and if you buy it online from that far away shipping is about 100 and there's a large chance that it'll get sieved by customs

18. bal1

bal1 New Member

The ics will last longer and easier to upgrade.

19. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

Really? Huh i didn't know that..

20. bal1

bal1 New Member

My ics has lasted three years, and I usually buy some upgrade I deem necessary,and with the split gear box what's not to love.