Which Pistol to consider for CQB?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Leviticus, May 20, 2018.

1. Leviticus

Leviticus Member

Norwalk
    I currently have a toyko marui hk usp gbb which I want know if it is possible to turn into full auto? I also have a kwa hk 45 gbb which from my understanding can't be upgraded because it is difficult and doesn't have many upgrade parts. I gain all my knowledge from my local airsoft store so please forgive me for my dumb questions as certain members in the store can't answer my questions. I understand that the tm glock 18c and the kwa atp-se are semi/full-auto. Which would recommend? My last question Is it possible to turn any tokyo marui into full auto capability for example the hicap 5.1 and still keep the semi on it? Thank you for your help and time.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    No...You cannot covert a SA into a select fire mode pistol. Think about it? Where are you going to put the selector?

If you want to turn it into FULL FA only it is possible...but why?

The KWA HK45 can be upgraded in a limited fashion. Maple Leaf makes a barrel set for it. You could learn some skill and then the HK 45 would be really deadly.

For the 18C. Either is fine...in stock form. The TM version has more upgrade options.

Leviticus likes this.

3. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    You can't add full auto and keep semi-auto. I would recommend a hicapa 5.1. They have near infinite upgraded parts. If you want full auto, the closest thing you could get is a shortstroked hicapa. They have a very short and fast cyclic rate while stock, and an insanely short cycle rate when shortstroked. CyCapa customs based out of GA has also converted highcapas into full autos. While short stroked they routinley have an ROF of over 75rps. Stupid fast. But with that, that means you only have less than a second of sustained fire with a pistol like that.https://tappairsoft.com/cycapa/

His pistols are also gorgeous, but more tailored for the speedsofter type.

Leviticus likes this.
  4. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    You could just get a tm hicapa extreme. It’s only FA. If you’re quick enough on the trigger, you can get 2-3 round shots off (I’ve never seen anyone manage a single shot on a tm extreme hicapa)

Leviticus likes this.
  5. Leviticus

Leviticus Member

Norwalk
    Thank you everyone for your time. I ask because I am starting off and would rather start off with a pistol and move up to a rifle later. Thank you. Is there a website where i can look up the upgrades I can do on any airsoft gun?

6. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    DON'T START WITH A PISTOL!!!

Reasons:

GBB pistols take routine maintainence

MAgs cost $20-$30 dollars, and only hold 15-30 rounds

Mag need to be dissassembled all the time to be cleaned

The range is quite a bit less than an AEG

Gas/[email protected] is pricey (unless you use propane)

Here is why you should get an AEG rifle:

Don't need to be cleaned as often

Has full auto capability

The mags hold 300-500 rounds (for a hicap)

They batteries last allot longer than a can of gas (batteries will eventually die)

Most beginner AEG's cost about the same as a basic GBB pistol.

Here are my reccomendations for budget AEG's:

For the best performers:
    https://www.evike.com/products/77838/

Most Unique:
    https://www.evike.com/products/43732/

Easiest to maintain:
    https://www.evike.com/products/32928/

Most Popular:
    https://www.evike.com/products/30418/

Literally Indestructible:
    https://www.evike.com/products/51016/

Best Complete Package:
    https://www.evike.com/products/50303/

PLEASE do not get a pistol as your first gun, it will not be as enjoyable as using a rifle.

link0 and Leviticus like this.
  7. Leviticus

Leviticus Member

Norwalk
    Thank I am going to both evike store and my local airsoft store to look into aeg rifles. Is there a website where i can look up the upgrades I can do on any airsoft gun?

8. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    This forum is pretty good. Run it as is first, when something breaks, then repair/upgrade

Leviticus likes this.
  9. Leviticus

Leviticus Member

Norwalk
    awesome thank you. So the best thing is just to ask the forum? Once again thank you for all your advice and help. I am leaving the paintball field and coming to airsoft after 12 years and I can say the community is nicer and helpful

10. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    this website, go to the forum gun modifications

11. leerihai

leerihai Member

You can actually convert a hi capa 5.1 to selective fire, but it requires you to cut the grips to fit a selector and the selector must be made by yourself or someone as there is nothing of such on sale, then you must connect a small metal sheet without messing up the disconnector etc....yeah a pain in the ***
    But a pistol as starter is great for cqb, you don't need much range for cqb anyway, in fact you beat those guys with aeg in a cqb field in terms of mobility easily, cqb fire fights are really quick and from my experience full auto make no difference as you will be hitting enemy with no difficulty and you won't need suppressive fire as the enemy will probably flank you while you try to do so, and for maintenance just do a field strip and clean it once after you finish your airsoft day and you will be fine, for mags you don't need to strip them just use something like green gas but gg is expensive when compared to electricity and the cheaper propane smell is disgusting and require you to lube the seals yourself(you don't need to take the mag apart to lube it tho just spray on the valve and let it soak in to the mag)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Leviticus likes this.
  12. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    when you start looking at aeg rifles; dont fall for electric blow back, or let those guns distract you.

instead, look for guns with EFCS/MOSFET/SLE pre-installed. they can run 11.1v lithium batteries from the start. will be pricey (a little). examples are (krytac line, KWA aeg2.5-3, asg cz scorpion line) these guns have generally great trigger response.

Leviticus likes this.
  13. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I respectfully disagree with this. A pistol will allow you to develop your skill as a player versus an individual that sits and dumps with an automatic.

When I started paintball all there were available were pistols. Nelspot 007, Splatmaster, Crosman 3557...etc. You have to compensate for lack of ammo capacity, range and accuracy with tactics, skill, tricks and movement.

Fast forward 4-5 years. pumps become available, Sniper II AC and Automags abound. The players that start with these devices are very poor in tactics and movement skills. In a NPPL tournament in Chicago, I even faked a out an "Ironman" by faking a leak. He rushed me, leaned over the bunker and I double tapped him in the goggles.

These players that start with an automatic get back shot a lot, flanked, don't move well and just dump paint.

My early pistol skills still carry me to this day...and when I come up from behind on a player...I smirk and scream "surrender!"

Being that you come from paintball...you get the idea.

Another time I played in a tournament of Champions. 3 rounds. Round one unlimited Paint. Round 2, 200 balls. Round 3, 20 balls. Guess who had skill and were effective and who where lost after round one? Yeah...the kids who started on the big toys and only knew one play style.

And to this day...I sometime run out in the field with my pistol....granted I carry 6 (50 round) hicaps with it and I have upgraded it to AEG range ~330fps with 28g.

14. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    True^

BUT also consider.. majority of airsoft is Team based, and cover fire is a tried and true technique. in real world and airsoft. If you only play with pistol and few magazines, your role is VERY limited.

on the other hand if he does get an AEG, theres nothing holding him back from buying cheap real-caps and forcing technique later down the road.

Leviticus likes this.
  15. leerihai

leerihai Member

Very true, with just an aeg, you can get to almost everywhere in airsoft, while with just a pistol you are stuck at certain game and field.That being said, pistol is still a great starter if you got the budget and want to start by playing CQB, and forcing the skills in later after adapting to a gun which allow lot of room for mistake is quite difficult from what i can see with my friends who start with M4 and other aeg

Leviticus and link0 like this.
  16. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Counter arguments in bold. It's also worth pointing out that pistols are your best option for clearing corners/rooms/cramped areas, as you don't have to worry about a stock or long barrel.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I have no issue running an gunning against AEG's with my pistol...I guess I am just comfortable with what I can do. I will recite a war story from last summer. It was at MNSOC 5

On the field, the field commander says, "Go hold that flank." Points at map..."take two guys with and make sure no one comes around that border at the cross roads." Says the commander for EU forces at a MNSOC event.

The two guys and I wander off towards our designated position. We get to our spot and we look for good cover to "hold" the flank. We form a line and watch a couple of paths. Guy one, Robert must have seen someone and fires, but Dale and I hear:

whirl, pop, whir, pop, whiiiiirrrr...pop.

He did not have a fully charged battery when he took the shot. That guy runs off.

I go over to "Robert" is your battery dead?

Robert, "yeah".

Me..., "take my AEG it uses the same mags as yours. If you get shot, leave it by the command center. I will use my pistol..." and so my bush hopping play ensues. I go back to my position near the tape line and hop into some sumac. Over the next 10 minutes a force of 6 pushes on Robert. Guy two "Dale" and him manage to take two out before the remaining four take them out.

I being in the sumac was to far away from the action. I squatted down and waited and listened. Eventually, I hear noises of people moving through brush getting closer towards me...then I see one set of legs and then another from under the sumac. I waited until I could see all 4 sets of legs and I opene up from "down under" - Thigh, shins is what I aimed for so they know they got hit as I fired at them. They all called their hits and left the field.

I decided to leave this patch of sumac and take a new position near some stinging nettles that grew quite tall 2' or so in some parts. The area around here was avoided and thus the under growth was dense. It was perfect for me to hide in the big bushes around the nettles.

About 10 minutes later the same four players come back and started searching for me in the sumac. I shoot at two of them from my new position. The first guy I hit him square in the back and he did not call his hit. The second guy I hit called his hit immediately. The first guy was wearing armor, so I had to shoot him in softer areas, neck and I bounced a few off his helmet too. He finally called his hits. It was actually quite hard for them to localize me firing slowly at them with a pistol at them. When I rapid fired at the non-hit calling first guy...they knew where I was.

Then the other two started triangulating and flanking me. One guy lays a whither level of FA fire at my tree/bush. I had to hunch down onto the ground. I am surmising the other guy is trying to move up on me. So, I go prone flat and crawl towards the stinging nettles. When I get into it, I roll into a low spot get up in a crouch and run deeper into the nettles and swing around a tree that has partially tipped over.

Area looked like this:

[​IMG]

One guy was giving chase and then he realizes he moved into the stinging nettles. He starts screaming about the nettles. I also mention to look out for the poison ivy too. It was a bluff. He lays down some pretty heavy FA fire toward my direction. I leaned out the opposite of the tree and shoot back at him. I shot back 6 times, I wasn't sure if I hit him, but he calls himself out. He didn't want to be in the nettles any more. The last guy and I just sit there now...me holding the flank in the nettles and the other guy was outside behind a pile of fallen trees.

Then the rain came...a lot of it...he got up and went back towards his side...I got up and left and went back to my side...

So, in this case...was a guy with a pistol really limited in his role...perhaps. But, I did what I was supposed to do...hold the flank.

BOA_SP3CT3R, dingo_ and -Spitfire- like this.
  18. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    I've also 'sniped' a moving target 200' away with a single shot from a gbbp. It required more concentration than a full auto burst would've, but it eliminated the target with more expediency.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  19. connorhayden1999

connorhayden1999 Active Member

Yeaaaaahhhhh. Except the only people who use AEGs for CQB use em because they’re trash

20. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    Some people don't want to invest in a gbb/ or a beginner so dont be making blanket statements my guy. Hell you could do just as much work with an AEG as a pistol (considering they can be the exact same size as a gbb)

Leviticus and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.