Which reliable pistol should I get?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Frankiiie, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    I'm looking for a pistol secondary, I've dealt with KWA, WE, and they were okay. But I'm really looking at Tokyo Marui since I've heard things about them being the best brand for gbb pistols. Any gun that anyone would recommend that is accurate, reliable, good fps, and all that. Any TM pistol suggestions? :)

2. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Basically almost any TM will do the job. On Evike, they now have a TM desert Warrior in stock. Do you have a price range?

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I wouldn't say best, I'd say one of the best brands.

You mentioned "good FPS". Keep in mind Tokyo Marui guns are typically under 300FPS. So TM may not be the best choice for you if you're concerned with velocity. Also keep in mind that the guns are plastic/polymer, not metal. If you want metal, you'll have to purchase a metal body kit and swap parts.

Regardless most any TM gun should work for you, IF you're still interested. Just find the style you like and research from there. There are soo many to choose from. So find something you like then return to this thread and say:

"I'd like a gas[insert gun style here]-style gun made by Tokyo Marui or other great brand. My budget is $###"

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That's when run on HFC 134a. If you put Propane through them, they'll hit that 315-320 mark in the summer just like almost every other GBB on the market.

That part is true.

I like TM's 1911 series and their Five-seveN, but that's more about aesthetics than anything else. Just about everything they're putting out is a fantastic shooter. Pick the style you like best and buy it.

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Any TM handgun, Western Arms if you have the money, and some KSC pistols.

6. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    Well, Ive noticed most of them are under 300. But, I used to own a WE M9 and it shot at around 350 and was really accurate, then I got a KWA ATP that shot around 320 which wasn't that accurate. But even though TMs shoot that low, will they be accurate? That's all I'm worried about

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes, far more accurate than the WE you had. I was hitting a 3"x3" target at about 120 feet with every shot using a TM Five-seveN.

And no, they don't shoot that slow when you use Propane/Green Gas. They hit right around 320, like most other GBBs.

8. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas

I might be getting a TM hi cappa 4.3.
    IS that gun pretty good?

9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes, it's a great gun. You may have trouble finding a nice kydex holster for it, though I believe either a USP or Sig SERPA may fit it. You'd have to do some research on that. That's about the only drawback. It's unlimited in its upgrade potential and it shoots great right out of the box.

10. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

Buy a TM 5-7 if you are going to buy a pistol just my opinion. Very Accurate I can out shoot most stock Chinese clone sniper rifles.