Which SVD

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by tasgal, Oct 29, 2012.

1. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

My understanding is, the Matrix and the A&K are rebrands of each other, so I would get the A&K due to cheaper price... Tan is too unrealistic. The King Arms may be good, but the cost is a bit higher.

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

There's always the 500$ Real Sword.. :)

3. TheGreatMrPoo

TheGreatMrPoo New Member

Why get a spring SVD, they have AEG svd's for around 200

4. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Your reasoning... Why get an AEG?

I know why I like the springer... because I'm battery free.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  5. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    I maybe wrong here, but from my understanding the spring is easier to upgrade and when it is upgraded it will perform better than an AEG. I plan to use this in a sniper role rather than a DMR role. I am new to airsoft so I may well be wrong. Any help is most welcome.

I would love a Real Sword but $500 upfront means I would have to sell some real guns and that just isn't happening lol.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

You get what you pay for. I would recommend the CYMA or A&K SVD.

7. TheGreatMrPoo

TheGreatMrPoo New Member

What I don't understand is why people use the DMR/Sniper role thing seriously. You can be a sniper with ANY weapon system. A DM is just another guy that is good at shooting, using the same weapon system as the rest of his squad with a small powered optic USUALLY.

snip·er
    n.
    1. A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
    2. One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

So technically I can hide in a bush and use slingshot and be considered a "sniper". Effective? That's for everyone else to dwell on.

- Still active duty military 8+ years and going.

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Find me a bolt action SVD that can fire semi-automatically like the real SVD.

And there's always the WE SVD, which is pretty awesome.

9. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

If you are having trouble finding one yourself, it's because they don't exist...

The WE is getting bad reviews, otherwise it is an awesome idea, and a long time coming... I just wish they would not depend on RA Tech to fix their junk.

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Exactly....that's why people would want an AEG SVD because like the real thing they can fire semi-automatically....

Because the majority of the people who did the review bought the cheap *** economic version which has aluminum internals.......

They do have one with steel internals.....

Just...don't even argue with me about it.....
    Test fired them before they were even released in Taiwan.....

It's the same reasons why all the people think that KWA 2GX is amazing.....
    Simply because they aren't well educated....

11. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

AEG's have too much of a gear whine, but I guess in airsoft stealth is over rated. I'm sure the AEG versions are nice once the gearbox is rebuilt etc, but I still prefer the bolt action for half the cost... If I had my choice, and there was no bolt action SVD, and the choices fell to the AEG or the GBBR, then hands down I would go for the GBB for $250... I'm not arguing with you, but there is nothing that will ever justify the $500+ price tag of an airsoft toy... steel internals or not.

Between the original posters choices, I say get the A&K SVD, and get on Shiftshooters thread and read all about it... it is a nice rifle for what little you pay and what you get.

12. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Too much gear whine...that's called **** shimming.....

13. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Just so you know upgrading an SVD is alot more expensive then the standard APS-2 or VSR style sniper. This wont be cheap.

Other then that I would go with the A&K one over the other two.

14. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

This must have slipped by... how is upgrading an A&K SVD cost more than an APS-2 or VSR-10? I mean what level are we talking about here? A zero trigger alone for a VSR-10 or APS-2 can cost more than most upgrades for an A&K SVD... I think we need sources from you to support your statement.

15. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Last time I checked, Z-trig isn't the only trigger upgrade out there.

Oh wait, forgot to mention that you guys don't even have a full upgradable trigger unit....

Of course a fully up'd APS/APS-2/VSR will cost more than the SVD, but that's simply because we can upgrade a lot more parts.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  16. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

And thus the VSR-10 or the APS-2 costs more to upgrade than the A&K SVD... Thanks.

17. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Not really, not if you put it to ratio with perspective of how many parts that you can upgrade.

Again, you don't need to upgrade everything.
    My original APS-2 trigger, piston, spring guide all held on M170 springs just fine.
    I still upgraded them simply because I can.

And there are a lot more than just one store/brand that makes the part.

It's funny how if you only upgrade those parts that are available for the A&K SVD but for VSR, they are almost the same.
    But then I did put some Laylax parts in that list.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  18. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Do Laylax parts cost more? I honestly don't know that, as the only Laylax part Im own is a 130SP for my M28.

19. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um...do you even not know who makes the Z-trig....?