Which upgrade to get for Well mbo4?

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by mxracr22, Aug 17, 2012.

1. mxracr22

mxracr22 New Member

Hi I recently got a well mb04 and I would like it to be more accurate and maybe increase fps a little. I already took everything apart and cleaned it and that helped a little but I would like a more accurate shot, so should I get a spring upgrade or a 6.03 tight bore barrel. Can someone put some links up to some good upgrades you think I should get? Thanks guys

2. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Get the tight bore if you want more accuracy for sure.

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    There is lots of stuff you should upgrade with a well gun but that's just because the stock parts are kinda on the weak side of stock sniper rifles.

If you want more accuracy a good tightbore will be good. 6.03 is the sweet spot for tight bore barrels. I personally have no experience with this gun but if you know what parts work with it then try to find a hopup chamber that takes AEG cut inner barrels, then pick up a prometheus 6.03 tightbore. Keep in mind this isn't the cheap way of doing things but it will give you access to better parts and that will drastically change your accuracy.

Look into some do it yourself mods as well. Off the top of my head you can stabilize your inner barrel simply by wrapping tape around your inner barrel.
    Another idea is fixing your air seal to make it more consistent try this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInMxQPKyb8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Please note that the stock sears on your gun are probably terrible. You may want to upgrade to steel ones especially if your going to get a stronger spring.

4. mxracr22

mxracr22 New Member

Thanks for suggestions. I did the tape on the barrel mod but I'm new to airsoft so what do you mean by an AEG cut inner barrel. And also, on the bucking In my hop up there are 2 little bumps in it, is that supposed to go up or be upside down? I put mine up because I wasn't sure which way to put it, so I put it on the actual hop up nub thing facing down. Is this why the bb rolls out of the barrel when the gun is pointing down?

5. mxracr22

mxracr22 New Member

I'm going to do the dental floss thing to if that will help with accuracy. Would a spring upgrade with metal cylinders increase accuracy or just fps?

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    This is an AEG cut inner barrel.

aeg01.jpg

These barrels are what your electric airsoft guns will use. The reason they are more preferred over the regular sniper rifle inner barrel is because they allow for better brand barrels to be installed into your gun (prometheus being one of the best), and allow a lot of different lengths and and bore sizes (6.03mm etc.). As for your hopup issues I can't really visualize what your saying? When it's possible could you put up some pictures of it.

The dental floss mod will help with compression which will help by keeping the same amount of pressure behind each bb while it is shot. This will improve your accuracy because now each shot will be somewhat consistent to the last one.

Not sure if you mean cylinder or piston? The cylinder is what the spring guide, spring and piston go into (basically the bolt). If you mean piston then an upgrade piston can increase accuracy basically the same way the dental floss mod does, by letting no air escape and creating perfect compression. Some pistons will do better then others so keep that in mind when you buy one. A stronger spring just increases fps, which sometimes is essential for accuracy. Higher fps will give you better results with heavier bb's which improves accuracy.

To help you out a bit more when looking for upgrades avoid those $35 sniper rifle upgrade kits. A great sniper rifle will usually be in the upgrades which in most cases will be more money then the gun itself.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  7. mxracr22

mxracr22 New Member

Thanks for all the info about the barrel. I did the dental floss mod and it did help. Do you think you could put a link for a 6.03 499 mm barrel that will take the stock hop up please? And then could you put up a link to the same barrel that takes an hp hop up? That would be great thanks for all the help dude. I just don't want to drop money on a pdi hop up.

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    So I believe your gun is aps2 compatible. So this barrel should work, although it isn't your exact length that you requested it won't really make a difference.

http://www.Airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft_PDI_Type_96_6_01_Barrel_495mm_p/66271.htm

Now I'm sure your going to look at the price and maybe not like it, but the fact is a pdi barrel is going to be the best tight bore you can get if you don't get that pdi AEG hopup unit. Another thing with keeping sniper rifle cut barrels is that your limited to what you can get both in length, price and barrel diameter. This pdi one is also a 6.01 which most people don't choose because you honestly have to clean it a lot (like every couple of uses).

I'm sorry but I honestly think you should reconsider either the pdi chamber or a laylax one. It gives you access to better and most of the time cheaper inner barrels and it's easier to work with.

This is the problem with airsoft sniper rifles, they cost a lot to upgrade, And in there stock form they suck.