Which vest?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by TheLostCause, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    As we told you initially, go pick up a Flyye from shootercbgear.com or a Pantac from airsoftsmith.com... I've gone over the reasons with you before, so I'll pass on the speech.

3. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Ok its $192.00 she only owes me $150. So your not seeing the problem......

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. Grin

Irvine
    ...You do realize that there is more than one product made by those two companies...

5. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

I Understand that but I am looking for a CIRAS in particular.
    [​IMG]

6. Grin

Irvine
    I would suggest a plate carrier other than a CIRAS. Why are you so set on it?

7. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Because its a vest that I have wanted forever. My friend let me try his on, and since I love it.

8. Grin

Irvine
    I would advise that you instead go for a newer-styled vest. They are lighter weight, sacrifice minimal MOLLE space (in the case of the EPC and 6094A), and include features that were a dream in some operator's eyes when the CIRAS was created. Not only that, but they're also considerably easier to assemble/disassemble and are much cheaper.

9. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

I have an OD 6094A. I just wanna CIRAS I have many vest I am just missing my dream vest.

10. Grin

Irvine
    If you're absolutely convinced that the only plate carrier you will possibly buy is a CIRAS and you have clearly already decided which brand, why did you even make a thread? The only CIRAS of even passable quality you will find with your restrictions is the TMC one, and I use passable lightly.

11. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Because I was seeing if there was any difference between the defender and the Ciras?

12. Grin

Irvine
    Well, the defender isn't a CIRAS... It's a crappy Condor ripoff that they decided to change enough that it hardly even shares the okay design with it anymore.

13. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Seems like the Condor Quick Release Plate Carrier, looks more like a CIRAS.

14. Grin

Irvine
    It seems like the Condor Quick Release Plate Carrier because it IS the Condor Quick Release Plate Carrier, menos quick release function. Which makes it less similar to the CIRAS then the QRPC.

15. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That vest, the defender, isn't even close to a CIRAS. It shares nothing with it. It's as close to a CIRAS as the Matrix "CIRAS" is. I'm surprised you can't see that, given that the CIRAS is your dream vest.

In your dream, is it a Land or Maritime version?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  16. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

I understand there is a difference I really do, Im sorry I even made this thread I didnt know I was gonna get chewed out like this......

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Your question amounted to, "I want a cheap CIRAS, which of these two is best" where one option isn't a CIRAS. If you feel that us informing you of that and suggesting a better purchase qualifies as getting chewed out, you're in for a rough stay on this internet thing. I think the hardest thing for us to get our heads around is that you're dead set on a CIRAS. It's your dream vest and you've wanted one forever. But you didn't seem to know that one of your two choices wasn't a CIRAS. That does't make sense. It makes it appear that you don't really know much about the CIRAS and that it might not actually be that ideal for you. It seems more like you want the name than the actual style of vest.

So yeah, we suggested a better product and a better brand. And yeah, we made sure you know that one of your two vest doesn't even resemble a CIRAS. That's not berating, that's informing a guy who doesn't seem to have all of the information he needs to make the choice he wants to make.

18. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

I never said that both of them are CIRAS Did you read the very first post? No where in there did I say they were both CIRAS.
    "OK so my friends mom bought a TV from me and was making payments, she still owes me $150 I told her if she can buy me a vest ill consider it paid off. So which vest should I get?"

The reason I was asking was because ones a cheap Chinese made one and the other is condor. I was saying out of those two would be be best? When you guys help you guys dont help nicely, you guys help aggressively. Like adding smart remarks, and so on and so forth. Like asking why I am so fixed on this type of vest? because I want one? That's like you being set on a G36c and me saying well they in the world do youw ant that, get a p90 or something. A guy shouldn't have to explain why he wants something, and all I was saying was that Condor Quick Release Plate Carrier looked similar, that all I was saying. You come on with a smart remark - I'm surprised you can't see that, given that the CIRAS is your dream vest.- This is why i dont like asking for help on these forums because there only few people that help nicely and not aggressively. If I had to choose a Vest I would like a CIRAS MARITIME, and if I cant afford any then I would like a Condor Quick Release. All I was hoping for was some ones feedback, that is all.

Not to go off and start saying we had this convo before, ok... Ya we did but these are different vest now. The lady only owes $150, and the vest Grin showed me were $200, after I showed him this, he asked why I am so fixed on it? Well because I want that vest? I mean I dont understand the logic thats being reached. For a "rough stay on the internet thing?" No I just don't like dealing with anyone else crap, when all I am asking is something simple.

19. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Give her the cash to cover the difference in what you want and what she owes.

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    You're right, your first post said nothing about a CIRAS. Your third post, however, said this:

Your fourth said this:

And your fifth said this:

And you don't understand why somebody might be confused as to why one of your options isn't even close to a CIRAS? Just take a minute and think about this from your readers' perspective. Remember, we don't know what's going on in your head. Your first post makes it seem like there isn't a particular style of vest you're set on, but that you kind of like those two. Neither is very good, so Grin suggested a different option. You said no, it's too expensive. So Grin pointed out that there are cheaper vests that are better options. Your response is that you only want a CIRAS because you've tried it, you love it, and it's your dream vest. You go on to say this three times.

Here's where your readers see incoherence. Your first post suggests two vests, one of which isn't a CIRAS. Your later posts explain that you only want a CIRAS. That means that either you thought your first two vests were both CIRAS's or you don't only want a CIRAS. One of those statements has to be false. It has to be because they're mutually exclusive. Either you only want a CIRAS or the defender is an option. The defender isn't a CIRAS so if you only want a CIRAS then the defender can't be an option. But you listed the defender as an option. But then you said you only want a CIRAS.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Our only possible logical conclusion is that either you would accept a vest that isn't a CIRAS or you don't know that the defender isn't a CIRAS. Those are the only two logical conclusions we can come to based on what you had said. Our only option in giving you advice is to discard one of your statements or try to clarify the problem. That's why Grin suggested a different vest, because you hadn't made your latter "CIRAS only" statement. That's why I suggested that you were mistaken about the defender, because your later posts weren't compatible with your former "non-CIRAS is okay" implication. We each picked one of your statements as the possible false statement and started there.

Do you follow that? That's why we are where we are. You were unclear as to what you wanted both in the initial post and in every subsequent post up until now. Finally, on reply #18, we get a coherent union of the two previously incoherent statements: you want a CIRAS, but if you can't have a CIRAS for cheap enough, you want the defender.

Is that correct? Is that the dichotomy you wanted to pose in your first post? That's something that we can work from at least.

And yes, if you make completely conflicting statements and act as though we're the idiots, you're going to get some snark. Cowboy up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.