Which would be a better beginner choice?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by DamnYankee, Oct 4, 2012.

1. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    There is a used King Arms M4A1 Ultra Grade w/Colt trades, 2 hi cap mags, and 9.6 mini in the classifieds for $110.00. Seller says it's a year or so old and in perfect working order.

Or should I get a new JG M4 like in the links below.
    http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/190...-Tight-Bore-Barrel-Newest-Enhanced-Model.aspx
    Or...
    http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/412...-Tight-Bore-Barrel-Newest-Enhanced-Model.aspx

Or from left field, maybe a JG R36K.
    http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/193...System-Hybrid-Modular-Carbine-MK36.aspx#tab-3

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    King arms by far ihops gun or phryes? Either way I've handled both and you can guess which I prefered.

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Edit: I've handled both the king arms ultra grade and jg m4s I mean.
    ... Ok looks like I click quote instead of edit, my bad.

4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I would say go for the king arms. You tend to get more bang for your buck when buying used.
    However anytime you buy used you take a chance since you can't hold and shoot the gun. At least with a new one you have the site you bought it from to fall back on if something doesn't work when it arrives. That being said it can be a PITA dealing with websites. Also ASMS doesn't have the best reputation right now...

If it were me, Id buy the used gun provided I get all information on the gun and a video showing the gun works.

5. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    It's phryes. (Need to get to 20 characters.)

6. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I'd say go with the King Arms as long as the seller gives you enough info and they seem honest.

I love JG's but if you were to go for one;
    1. Don't buy from Airsoft Megastore(they don't price match and seem to have a bad rep all around)
    2. Don't get a S System. They may seem cool bit you'll run into the same problems that I am experiencing when you will want to upgrade.
    3. Either get a metal body or upgrade later. The structural strength is worth it.

7. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    What specific issues are you having with upgrades for the S-System?

8. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    The front rail system, upper receiver and barrel are all proprietary. Which means they can't be changed out for normal M4 parts

9. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

I had the same exact problem. It sucked! I am not a fan of s-systems. My only exception is the aftermath s-system...

10. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    How do you like your CM?

11. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

I love it. Its a great gun, havent had any issues with it so far. Its a really sturdy gun. Its accurate. Its a nice gun.

At first I was like "How do you know I have a CM?" Then I realized I have a picture of one and in my signature I have that I have one.... Face Palm....

The one in the picture acually isnt mine i have the Tan version. I think it looks better.

EDIT:
    Id recommend getting the CM or to be honest the ignite m4. For multiple reasons.

1) Full metal gear box
    2) EBB!
    3) Metal gears
    4) Polymer body
    and
    5) Great price!

They run for 100 dollars! Its basically a re branded javelin. At a fraction of the cost!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  12. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

and yes they are from walmart

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

No they are basically a re branded aps. I would recomed a jg over both of those. The new cm have faulty wiring, motors, etc and those ignite guns will be out performed by a JG.

14. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Agreed^

While I have not owned a CM or the new Ignite M4. Every person I have heard from (online and locally) that has had experiences with them (in person, not just online reviews) has said they are not that great. Stick with a JG and you'll be happy.

15. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Its just the price though. Its great for the price, and the reviews and mine, I have not heard of it having a faulty motor. Only faulty wires. Easy fix if it does go out, but I love my baby.

16. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Easy but unnecessary. And it might be great for the price, but for $5-10 more plus shipping, a JG G36 (arguably one of the best beginner guns out) could be had.

17. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

The G36C is actually less than the CM. More than the ignite though.

18. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    That G36K is growing on me. Might have to look hard at that one.

19. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I own the g36k. It is nice. The inner barrel is the same length as the g36c though.

20. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Lincolnton
    I notice you mention KWA in you sig line. Do you recommend to stay away from KWA?