Which would, you recommend/prefer?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by ollie88, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ollie88

ollie88 New Member

Can't make up my mind and I am caught between buying a G&P M4 (either a Sentry, Viper or a CQB/R) or a KWA M4 RIS.
    They are both similar prices, have great externals and are well built.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on what I should go for?

2. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    G&P M4. KWA has some proprietary parts that make upgrading a pain.

3. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    KWA doesn't have as many proprietary parts as people would make them seem. OP: I would recommend you find either a VFC or a CA proline/X-series as i find them to be much better than G&P and KWA.

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    So...I'm going to put all the aforementioned brands here and compare them....

External in order from best to worst:
    G&P = VFC > CA > KWA

Internal in order from best to worst:
    VFC > CA > G&P > KWA

Individual Issues:
    VFC: needs to be solid shimmed, piston cracks easily.
    G&P: needs to be reshimmed, piston is too soft, the explosive piston head literally will explode, gears need to be replaced, motor doesn't have enough torque.
    CA: piston is too soft, motor doesn't have enough torque
    KWA: Some proprietary parts, certain parts have small tolerance limiting available upgrade parts, gears are sintered, piston is crap, piston head is crap, motor is crap, bearings are crap.

I'd go for G&P or VFC.
    Externals are just really nice.

5. thesniper23

thesniper23 New Member

Totally agreed. Went to a lot of airsoft/bb dealers, and they all said g&p

6. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    I disagree on the G&P external quality. OOTB my M16 by G&P scratched easily, the OB wobbled and felt much worse than my CA.

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Hmm...never had those problems.
    OB wobble probably due to man handling of the mailman.

8. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    VFC 416 or G&P Sentry. Those would be my top choices.

9. ohioairsofter

ohioairsofter New Member

Kwa overall for me...but systema and Celsius are better IMO

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Classic beginner & noob view point.

Systema PTWs aren't even properly shimmed.

KWA gears are sintered.
    Like really? For that kind of price you get sintered gears?
    Their internals aren't even half as decent as JG.

11. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I would hands down take a G&P Sentry. They are amazing looking and they are G&P. VFC and CA both have already been mentioned and should be considered too.

12. ohioairsofter

ohioairsofter New Member

I have played for awhile now. I've owned over twenty aegs. I don't always take them apart, I perform my own upgrades. Active in the AO community. I field an aeg every weekend often at my home field less than two miles from me. 250 acres and nineteen buildings. Regardless of sintered gears, or a sun gear that has play in it they hold up well under repeated use. Jg is great but definitely have I seen more motor failures and spent brushes and shoddier quality control IMO. But I've owned both Ptw and just sold my ctw in the classifieds. I play more than most and don't base my opinions off of what someone says but what I've come to realize. I don't mind the money aspect one bit because I love playing so much that I own conversation piece guns. I've owned two vfc's both bought new and one was wired badly and the other had a very weak motor that wouldn't cycle and was dirty as all get out internally. The only thing good about them is their externals in my experience if you like polar stars lol (I can't stomach the chord).

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    P* engine = over priced POS.....
    You can build the same thing for $80 if you have access to certain machinery....

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  14. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

All JG needs is quality control and better externals and they could charge a whole lot more. KWA on the outside just isn't as nice as you would think. It's overpriced because kwa markets in the USA. Overseas guns are mostly always cheaper and with the right brand you can get better for a whole lot more cheaper.

15. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor

And here's a man who doesn't know how a PTW works.

16. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Oh please, enlight me.
    The fact that their gears' surfaces are touching each other is just BAD.
    Add tons of unnecessary stress and wear to the system.

Okay, it's being more than 12 hrs.
    Seemed like I have moderated a moderator? lol What?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  17. ohioairsofter

ohioairsofter New Member

What's proprietary on them besides the air nozzle? I play with a team every weekend (long day of games today) and everyone who owns a kwa (five) run a lipo and have fielded these weapons for over a year without any upgrades and they rock. I find their stock hop ups (just like TM) magic as well as the grouping and consistent fps...we chrono every week. Like clockwork we know what to expect. I think vfc are likewise nice guns...especially their shells, but kwa is definitely better than jg.