Who carries stuff on their back? I'm curious

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Username94, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I've seen some airsofters carrying utiluty pouches or molle pouches/backpacks on their back and I don't get it. I'm not talking about a backpack either I'm taking about something attached to your vest. Then they are always asking fellow team mates to reach into their hydration carrier/utility pouch on their back and pull out their ammo or powerade. Does anyone else do this that can give me any insight as to why? I feel like its a hassle to have your teamates go in your bag for you when you're under fire.

2. TattooMania

TattooMania New Member

Greensboro
    Sounds like a real hassle. I've never seen this. I cant make sense of it.

3. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I've seen it more times than I haven't at my local field. I've never asked any players in game because I didn't want them to feel like I was insulting them or anything. I figured I would ask it on the forum.

4. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I have a mag pouch upside-down on my left side. The mag has a magpul and the pouch is hard-shelled. It's my last resort, and is a super fast draw. Sometimes I like to put a utility pouch on my backpack, so there's just an extra pocket. I also sometimes put my dump pouch on the back

5. TattooMania

TattooMania New Member

Greensboro
    Do you need someone else to access these items for you? The OP is talking Bout packs that people need assistance with reaching.

6. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I have my teammates reach into the backpack, but that's about it

7. Parallel38Airsoft

Parallel38Airsoft New Member

Knoxville
    Myself and many of my team mates carry pouches on our backs for "buddy mags" and such. Some of the bigger ops we place extra ammo, mags, snacks, ect in each others pouches. Its useless to put your own stuff in your own pouch that you can't reach without taking your rig off.

8. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I carry a Flyye MAP on the back of my PC. I typically have a water bladder, extra magazines, and a small first aid kit.
    [​IMG]

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    For larger games where we're not leaving the field all day, I'll keep some non-essentials in my MAP like an extra bag of bbs or a snack (I generally keep a snack in a utility pouch as well). I can't reach them on my own, but that's what I have teammates for. That said, I would never put something essential in there, and certainly never ask a teammate to get something out of my pack when we're under fire. That's just poor planning.

10. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I keep some small multi-tools, snacks and bbs in a utility pouch on my back if I ever need them. I have very limited space on the front of my MBSS so I have no choice than to put it on my back.

11. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I have the same reasons as Knief... Just never put an essential where you couldn't get to it.

12. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I dont use a vest, so I carry a small backpack that has water in it and tools, as well as a full first aid kit (seriously I could do a tracheotomy with this stuff if I had to, I'm prepared lol).

13. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    I ocasionaly will carry one for CQB on my camelback. The pouches I sometimes carry is a side kick pouch and grenade pouches so my teammates can get to them easy.

14. CallsignPyro

CallsignPyro New Member

I dont use a vest or anything so right now I just use a backpack on my back.
    In and on I have
    Chemlights
    First aid kit
    Snack
    Extra mags
    Grenades

I keep extra mags in my pouch on my bdu cargo pockets.
    This method works perfectly fine for me.

15. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    I have a buttpouch attached to me that I use for long matches and for buddy mags when I play with my friends. Beside that I use it for packing my gear and utilities before I leave at the end of the day. Pretty useful rather than having to carry a box or something.

16. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I normally have a regular hydro carrier, that I can use for anything else, like hiking and mountain biking also. All I keep is water, and maybe a snack.

17. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    We have at least one guy with a backpack though I run with one sometimes. We carry extra water, some food, extra BB's, and first aid gear. But it is mostly for water and gatoraid though for other players.

18. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

I have a "butt pack" on the lower part of my back. I carry things like canteen, flashlight, hat, etc. Basically things I don't always need but I like to have just in case we change the game or something like that.