Who does the best R-Hop?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Michael Rosa, May 16, 2018.

1. Michael Rosa

Michael Rosa Member

Califon
    Hello all,

I just got my money back from Evike after buying an Umbrella Armory r-hopped Prometheus barrel that was installed incorrectly. I don’t want to make the same mistake twice so I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to who they think installs/sells the best R-Hopped inner barrels. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

-Spitfire- likes this.
  2. excalibur3100

excalibur3100 Member

Pittsburg
    WellI had great experience with Dan Blomquist a member here on this forum. He makes rhop barrels, but I don't believe installs them into complete guns. Contact him, his thread in the Parts Classifieds should answer all of your questions.

3. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Martinsburg
    @danmanblooms is pretty dang good...definitely better than UA. [@Lefse told you UA rhops are crappy].

Michael Rosa and danmanblooms like this.
  4. excalibur3100

excalibur3100 Member

Pittsburg
    hahaha!

Michael Rosa likes this.
  5. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Well-Known Member

Bull Shoals
    By looking at your pics they look very good. The patch looks like part of the barrel, as it should.

6. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    Bugs bunny cuz he's a Rabbit that hops xD lol
    I have heard several bad things in regards to umbrella armory stuff from evike personally I will only buy directly from umbrella armory when buying their products since I have yet to have a issue with the quality of the products I have received and their customer service

7. danmanblooms

danmanblooms Member

Indeed! Gotta keep it flush!!!

8. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
  9. Airsup

Airsup Member

Redlands
    How much would you charge for the work assuming I supply the barrel?

Michael Rosa likes this.
  10. heliskyr

heliskyr New Member

I’m also interested in a quote for r-hop & barrel lapping on my existing Prommy Krytac barrel. (Wish i knew of you before i just bought the barrel!)

Michael Rosa likes this.
  11. Michael Rosa

Michael Rosa Member

Califon
    Thank you for all the input! I have also heard some great things about dan and his r-hopping skills. I’ll probably go that route

danmanblooms and Topshotz357 like this.
  12. danmanblooms

danmanblooms Member

Pm me! To rhop your barrel, flat hop your bucking, and mod your chamber with proper flat nub its $45
    Barrel lapping the bore is also available and highly recommended. Rates range from $20-$30

13. danmanblooms

danmanblooms Member

Pm me :)

14. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Well-Known Member

Bull Shoals
    Might have you install a patch for me soon. What would you charge for just r-hopping a barrel? I can do the other stuff on my own.

Airsup likes this.