Who here is also a runner?

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by hunter-sellers, Jan 3, 2013.

1. hunter-sellers

hunter-sellers New Member

Stockton
    My favorite hobby/sport/lifestyle second to none would have to be running. I love it! I run about 40 miles a week at least. I'm on the track team and cross country team, and it also gives me an edge in running around the battlefield like a ninja! Haha. Does anyone else here share my love for running?

2. hunter-sellers

Stockton
  3. Jazibo

Jazibo New Member

Livermore/pleasonton area
    I freerun and parkour ( same thing but word limit). :)

4. hunter-sellers

Stockton
    Awesome, I've always wanted to get into parkour.

What exactly is free running?

5. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    From what I'm to understand, Parkour focuses more on getting from point A to B where as Free Running is essentially Parkour with more style.

6. hunter-sellers

Stockton
    Cool, I wish there were parkour classes or something but I guess it's something you have to learn yourself

7. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    I don't do track, cross country, or run 40 miles a week. But I think I can run at a descent speed anyway. I am definitely faster than most piggies, popos, fuzz, bizzies, HiPos, and Narcs. Sadly, when the 'Whoop Whoop' comes, I am done for.

8. lazergrenade

lazergrenade New Member

If I could like from mobile I would ^^^^^ lol

9. hunter-sellers

Stockton
    Haha, that made my day! Thanks for the humor. Lol

10. sonsofthepatriots1

sonsofthepatriots1 Active Member

I know this is an older thread but seeing this bugs me. Parkour is efficient and not to stylish. It is a martial art so it is much more than getting to point a to point b. It trains body and mind to get past obstacles and not let anything stand in your way. Parkour is the ability to move freely in any environment without fear or worry of failure. Even failure itself is an obstacle that can be overcome. Free running is similar but it focuses on only the physical aspect. Free runners are generally flashier than traceurs (trainers of parkour) and don't mind the stunt aspect even if it does stop them in their advancement.