Who here open carries?

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by KingCobra, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    After last nights shooting, I refuse to be an unarmed citizen anymore, and feel I want to use my right to the second amendment.

but I want to know, who here open or concealed carries?

2. that911guy

that911guy New Member

I live in a small town. Most people here know I'm with emergency services. But I still conceal carry. I have only open carried a couple times.

Not so much because I'm afraid a "bad guy is gonna shoot me" but because I dont want to freak out granny at Walmart who doesn't understand the states carry laws.

3. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    i'm not old enough to get my CHP so I have to live with OC. where i live is slowly becoming more.."ghetto", more road rage, more street fights and bad situations. I actually just broke up a fight on the beach where a guy was smashing his gf face into a lifeguard shack.

4. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I have carried concealed several times. I don't like drawing attention to myself by carrying openly. Many states will also take away a concealed carry permit if you make a point of brandishing your firearm in public.

5. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    They can't take it away from me for carrying it on my hip. If I ever drew it, there would be a good reason..

6. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I plan on OCing as soon as I turn 21. But i have to buy a handgun first(again at 21)

7. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    lol, you can buy and carry a handgun at 18......

8. that911guy

that911guy New Member

Depends on the state cobra. Only way to carry in tn is to get a handgun carry permit and you have to be 21.

9. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    according to opencarry.org you have to be 21 to get an FFL and can buy second hand at the age of 18. and you can be gifted at 18.

I dont believe It was a state specific subsection I was looking at, but then again you live there, so I'm going to assume your correct.

10. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Interesting. I thought 21 was federal law.
    But I think it's 21 in VA. It's something I need to look into.

11. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    its 18 in VA to OC, and to buy second hand, I know this for a fact....

12. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Thanks for the info. Can't wait until the next gun show.

13. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    yea, I also thought it was 21, but then i researched it. if you havent, join the "open carry" forum, I found a bunch of helpfull info on OC, and its what pushed me to start.

14. supportgunner

supportgunner New Member

In Illinois it is 21 for hand guns 18 for rifle/shotgun. I wouldn't open carry anyways cause then you will be target number 1. It is all about the element of surprise with conceal carry.

15. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    21 in Georgia........for handgun. 18 for long guns.

16. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    ok guys.

1. thats is buying FFL.
    2. thats conealed carry.

georgia you can open carry in your car. but I don't do anything butdrive through the state so I didnt care to look into it further then that.

17. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...arry-Transport-of-Handgun-under-the-age-of-21

You can buy one legally in a private sale, like from your buddy, if you are above 18. Just don't have him run to the FFL with your money and buy your gun for you, because that'd be a straw purchase.

In Virginia if you can legally possess a handgun, you can legally open carry it. Being above 18 you can legally possess it (see above) and therefore legally openly carry it, without a permit.

Here is another thread going on right now with lots of good information and advice that covers what you are asking:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-age-to-carry...

18. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.