Who here plays at Airsoft CQB in Manassas?

Discussion in 'Virginia Airsoft Forum' started by Raptor282, Sep 20, 2012.

Whose Going to the ACQB Zombie Event?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2012.
  1. Definitely Going

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maybe Going

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not Going

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't Know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    I was just reading a thread about Virginia airsoft and Airsoft CQB in Manassas and I saw that a lot of people play there! I was just wondering how many people on this forum actually go there? Maybe we could all meet up one weekend?

2. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    I haven't played there yet, but I was in the other thread. It's my local course, and I'll go when I get the chance. I like the idea flog all going together though, good idea.

3. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    Ya it would be cool. There are two other guys I know that i play with. They have accounts here but are hardly on.

4. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

I heard that they are going to have a zombie event soon, but I was unable to find anything on their website (i hate their new website). If they are having a themed round, that would be a good time to all go though.

5. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    Ya i heard Jim (the owner) talking about it. Its going to be on October 31st.

6. CaptDez

CaptDez New Member

I am on everyday I just don't frequently post to avoid flak from mods but yeah Airsoft CQB has improved a lot from what I've seen from Youtube videos. We need to go there soon perhaps around Thanksgiving and definitely in the winter for snow games. See anyone there if you go. Ill be the tall guy with a FAMAS and a para m249.

7. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Isn't it bad for your gearbox to airsoft in the snow. I've heard that it is frowned upon because it weakens the gearbox and makes it more brittle and vulnerable to breaking. Still, sounds cool (literally, hee hee). Does anyone know if they do anything special for Thanksgiving?

8. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    No hahaha. He says thanksgiving because that when i don't have hockey (he's one of my friends i play with. There is one other but he never gets on)

9. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

No, I was just wondering because Thanksgiving is a pretty big holiday, and since people will be out of school and work, they may have more participation, and a event would be a good idea for a time like that.

(200th post, yea!)

10. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    Ya thats true hahaha. I'll have to see, hopefully i can go before thanksgiving:p

11. CaptDez

CaptDez New Member

Well as long as it's not below freezing and your not getting your gun wet your gun and gearbox should be fine. Only problems I see is with gas guns as the mags may freeze but AEGs should have no problem.

12. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Yea, perhaps the heat from the battery, motor, and friction in general will be able to keep the gearbox warm and in good condition. Have you ever airsofted in the snow?

13. CaptDez

CaptDez New Member

I havent airsofted in thick snow due to our poor winter last year only when it was light snow. Black or colored BBs may work better. This winter is suppose to be snowarmegeddon so hopefully I can get out and play in my currently snow loadout. Still need white pants.

14. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I plan on going to that. Possibly bring a small group of people.
    I think I might have seen you... not sure though.

All the Virginia airsofters from AS should form a team if we are able to go together. I would love to meet some of you guys. We have to go to the zombie one.

15. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    No I'm sure you haven't seen him. :) He has never played with the M249 (because its not his haha) and the one time he went he used his galaxy mp5k.

16. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    How did you know I was talking about the M249???

17. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    Well i was just eliminating both guns that he said you would see him with. The m249 is our friends and captdez doesn't actually own it. Also the one time he has gone (actually the grand opening of the new field) he wasn't using his famas.

18. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    ...Oh.
    So from what I gathered, the Zombie Op is on October 31st?

19. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    Yup. Thats what I heard too. I probably won't be able to make it sadly.

20. CaptDez

CaptDez New Member

Haha yeah what he said. The SAW is "passed down" from a friend as he quit airsofting but I still need to buy a box mag for it. I didnt bring my FAMAS because I thought it was going to be CQB but in reality it was a big field. It isnt really CQB now so guns with longer ranges may be more appropriate.