who makes the best masada?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by iMarksman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. iMarksman

iMarksman New Member

as title says, just kind of wondering

2. soticman

soticman I like Koch Supporting Member

The Magpul PTS Masada is the highest quality externally, and is pretty good internally.

3. iMarksman

iMarksman New Member

im kind of torn between buying the VFC 417 or the Masada for an accurate field rifle/battle rifle.

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    The 417 is made to play a DMR role so it should be pretty accurate.

5. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um...no...that's real steel....
    Both of them shoots 6mm BBs.....there's no such thing as 7.62 vs 5.56 here....

Magpul PTS Masada has the best external, no doubt
    BUT, internals are pitas.

A&K/G&P Masada is much better as far as upgrading the internals goes.

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Having owned both I can say that the PTS have the best externals and very nice internals if you use a 7.4 lipo max. The piston will strip and possible gearbox cracking if you use an 11.1. They now have reinforced gearboxes so as long as you get a new one that wont be a problem. The PTS uses standard V2 everything except for the hopup and air nozzle so I dont know why you say they are a PITA. They also use a quickchange spring gearbox...
    The A&K is fair at best externally and is a standard V2 100% internally... same issues will come up to though if you try to run an 11.1 in that one too.

The VFC 417 is an amazing gun all around... Between the 417 and the PTS Masada I would personally choose the Masada but thats only because Im not a huge 417 fan. They look great but the 416 does it for me better

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um, proprietary GB?
    Microswitch that burns out easily?

Although someone is making CNC standard V2 for it.

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    The shell its self it yes but the internals are not.. I have owned 3 in total, and in the first one I ran an 11.1 in it for 5 months and blew the piston, replaced it and ran it for 3 more months without a switch burning out, the second the gearbox cracked because they were not reinforced after 7 months and i put a P* in it. no switch problems there either. I have another one now that i am running a 7.4 lipo in no switch problems or any other problems...

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I never said the internals are proprietary...other than the microswitch...
    And a lot of people's microswitch burnt out, not saying all, but a lot.....