Why is Speed Soft/SpeedQB Such a Polarizing Topic?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Bullpup GOD, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    After taking about a 2 yea break from the sport, I got back into airsoft back in November. When I was younger, I was hardcore MilSim. Realistic loadout, tactics, etc. Then, I didn't understand what war was like. I thought it was cool and killing terrorists was awesome. Fast foward to 15 years old(bio is incorrect) and a dozen Vice documentaries later, I no longer want airsoft to be realistic. I don't want to pretend like I'm a real soldier. It never occurred to me when I was younger how violent and brutal war is, and I finally understand. Therefore, I switched to speedsoft. Blazing out of the darkness in lightweight gear and a colorful mask seemed a bit more exciting to me. It is more of a sport than MilSim, but I have already gotten a bit of hate for it. At my new school, I found a group of friends who play airsoft, and we go almost every week. most of them are pretty casual about it and aren't really milsim or speedsoft. 1 kid in particular, and his DAD even, question why I play speedsoft. The kid always thinks Speedsoft is cancer etc. I don't like MilSim, but i don't activley hate on it. His DAD even told me to stop using my HiCapa and use an AEG and actual tactics. I of course do not care what they think, but why is Speedsoft VS. Milsim so controversial. Why can't we all just coexist and recognize our differences and appreciate the sport of airsoft. I should probably do an introduction article, but i'm too lazy for that lol. If you've read this far, thanks for reading it all. Please post an unbiased reply, in either direction.

Topshotz357 and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  2. draysterl96

draysterl96 Member

I honestly don’t mind speedsofters, majority of them consist of younger airsofters and they enjoy a fast-paced adrenaline rush but when it comes down to the core of the debate, it’s whatever your play style is, as long as you play by the rules and honor code then I have no problems with ya. I enjoy milsim very much and have actually stopped playing airsoft for a while till build my entire load out. I usually flock to former military guys, and learn tactics and strategy. So It’s a game and should be treated as such, no one has the same play style on a video game so airsoft shouldn’t be any different. Have a great day.

KEEP AIRSOFT ALIVE

3. RockNRoll33

RockNRoll33 Active Member Supporting Member

Buford
    I play speedsoft and have no problem with milsim players. I honestly think milsim is really cool but the closest milsim field is an hour+ away. The reason why people don't like it is because the popularization of iCheat, MIA, etc. and people think that every speedsofter over shoots, doesn't use MED or what have you even though 90% aren't like that.

Michael Rosa likes this.
  4. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    The fields in georgia don't have an MED, at least the ones I play at lol.

5. RockNRoll33

Buford
    Do you play at SS? They do there.

6. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    Ew. No. I play at Power Ops and Elite Ops on Occasion. I dislike MED TBH. Man up and take it up close.

7. RockNRoll33

Buford
    Most of the regulars don’t use the MED when it’s with another speedsofter or someone who isn’t a wimp. I don’t like it when I’m sweeping because I have to slow done and yell ‘surrender’ instead of just shooting them.

8. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    EXACTLY. THIS DESERVES A LIKE.

Fenix_Buizel likes this.
  9. Ten8DoWork

Ten8DoWork Active Member

Birmingham
    The surrender thing is complete BS. Having a dude run through a building yelling bang or surrender ruins the game... but those rules are there for a reason. You gotta take it easy on the new guys or they aren't going to come back.

Although I don't have much time for gaming anymore, I tend to adopt whatever the play style of the day is. If I go to a recreational field; it usually ends up being more fast paced/speedball. If I go to a milsim event then there's that style. Be open minded and enjoy all aspects of the sport.

Bullpup GOD likes this.
  10. OFM Wheeza

OFM Wheeza Active Member

redway
    IMO Youtube videos

Guys like OC airsoft seem to either have poor trigger control or obviously take glee in overshooting. To me it looks like definitely the latter.
    It looks like 98% of his eliminations would've happened at 10bps but he likes to run the dsg and hold it wide.
    So many of the top youtube hits are guys speedballing rec players getting huge kill streaks and lighting rentals/noobs up. Then he puts it on youtube and everybody makes fun of the victims(sometimes they deserve it)

Then you have the more milsim guys like Dutch and Novritch. People that are in it for the fun and the challenge. It's hard not to like those guys watching their impressive game and attitude of joy.

There's folks of both mindsets playing both styles. I just think people don't think for themselves often enough.

Bullpup GOD likes this.
  11. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    Honestly OC and his DSG videos are retarded. He sprays the crap out of people, (some deserve it), and then gives it a click baity title (DSG Justice 3: Guy Wanted to Fight Me). Of course, you can't forget iCheat and Get Wrecked Kid (RIP Kid/ Spray Control), some of you guys might not know of them, but a year or to ago, a guy from I think Ohana Airsoft (They play at elite ops) uploaded a video of one of their guys tackling some 14 year old and knocking him out for not calling a hit. Can't seem to find the video, probably deleted, but basically this probably 15-18 year old guy runs up and tackles a kid into a wall and knocked him out for not calling his hits. It got lots of views (100k+), but I can't seem to find it. Also, I gotta agree that dutch and Novritch videos are very entertaining to watch. But, as you said, it is just a playstyle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2018
  12. OFM Wheeza

OFM Wheeza Active Member

redway
    I'm too green to airsoft to know icheat or GWK
    Ohana means family lol. That guys fam seemed to support him in poor sportsmanship. Not very alohao_O

It reminds me of when ROF killed paintball.
    People stroke their egos while completely forgetting learning the game takes time.
    Not cool to bunker new players on rental day with a shocker on ramp mode.
    They go home thinking that they need a $1500 setup and we're all jerks without trigger control or compassion.

Why not give them a fun day and get them hooked as well.

13. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    Look up get wrecked kid. Watch the video "I Main Blackbeard", which used to be Spray control and RIP Kid.

14. OFM Wheeza

OFM Wheeza Active Member

redway
    Wow!
    I've seen that before and it just goes to show what america likes to watch on youtube cuz I didn't go looking for it the first time.

Did dude get banned for life at SCV?

I didn't know patches were so serious in airsofto_O

15. OFM Wheeza

OFM Wheeza Active Member

redway
    Holy cripes!
    That icheat kid must be missing some teeth by now.....
    He needs a hug from mommy and a sweet gf.

Poor guy is proud of that:confused:

Bullpup GOD likes this.
  16. Red_Coat

Red_Coat New Member

Stockton
    I've recently come back into airsoft after about a 2 year break. I played in the UK for 9 years so I had never heard of speedsoft until very recently. I dont have an issue with the fast paced play style, in fact I would say that I play a very similar style myself. I don't have an issue with the lightweight setups either, I myself try to run lightwieght chest rigs and rifle setups. However the only thing I take issue with is the aesthetics of speedsoft rigs/gear. In the UK we have the two tone law for airsoft guns where unless you have proper defense you cannot buy an all black RIF, it must be over 50% brightly neon covered and this used to drive me nuts. To come back to the sport and see people actively rocking neon colored setups with a very paintbally looking style is just unsettling to me. I dont expect or necessarily even want people to go full milsim tacticool, but I chose airsoft over paintball because of how it leaned towards a more realistic aesthetic.

Topshotz357 likes this.
  17. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    My only hate to speedsoft is abuse of bangrule which leads to my hate of bangrule that's about it maybe the sliding like were in cod the rest seems cool to me

18. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    TBH me and my other speedsoft friends are against the bang bang/surrender rule, but then again here in GA the speedsoft community isn't very sensitive to that sorta stuff.

19. OFM Wheeza

OFM Wheeza Active Member

redway
    I don't surrender lol
    Youtube vids of kids trying to bang bang with no guns or not even pointing it is just too much.
    bang bang rule would take some getting used to. Is there a word for reverse pedophelia? Them kids be bangin' e'rybody out there.

Personally in pb I aim for the salty players and avoid kids.
    If I have to fight kids I usually try to one shot em.

If they surprise the crap out of me that's another story. That's what they get for playing front.